LG c1 vs Philips 706

Steve84

Novice Member
Hey guys,
Has.any one experience with the LG OLED55C16LA or Philips ambilight OLED706. These are the models i am looking at for under 1k but I saw the LG doesn't support hdr10+ and can't find much on the 706.
Can anyone recommend.

Davekale86

As far as I’m aware it’s only Samsung that does HD10+ it was created by Samsung for Samsung tvs,any reason your after a tv that does HDR10+? There isn’t many 4K blurays that have it,and HDR10 is more widely used as is Dolby Vision,also i don’t think Samsung make an OLED tv,for the money out of the both you’ve looked at id get the LG C1,it has some really good reviews

Steve84

Novice Member
As far as I’m aware it’s only Samsung that does HD10+ it was created by Samsung for Samsung tvs,any reason your after a tv that does HDR10+? There isn’t many 4K blurays that have it,and HDR10 is more widely used as is Dolby Vision,also i don’t think Samsung make an OLED tv,for the money out of the both you’ve looked at id get the LG C1,it has some really good reviews
Hi. Thanks for coming back. I was looking at the hdr 10+ because I'm a novice and wondered if it was something that nay get more adopted. Future proofing really. From the information I have I just wanna make sure I'm covered with 4k @ 120hz and all the HDR types so once bought I don't need to worry for a while

Davekale86

Hi. Thanks for coming back. I was looking at the hdr 10+ because I'm a novice and wondered if it was something that nay get more adopted. Future proofing really. From the information I have I just wanna make sure I'm covered with 4k @ 120hz and all the HDR types so once bought I don't need to worry for a while
There ain’t much 4K discs and games with HDR10+ so I wouldn’t really bother about that,standard HDR10 is more widely adopted as is Dolby Vision,the LG C1 will more than cover you for VRR and 120hz gaming not that there is many ps5 games that have that,if you want a tv that has fancy lights on then go for the Phillips if you want a tv that has a cracking picture probably better than the Phillips then go for the LG,I know what my money would be on

Steve84

Novice Member
There ain’t much 4K discs and games with HDR10+ so I wouldn’t really bother about that,standard HDR10 is more widely adopted as is Dolby Vision,the LG C1 will more than cover you for VRR and 120hz gaming not that there is many ps5 games that have that,if you want a tv that has fancy lights on then go for the Phillips if you want a tv that has a cracking picture probably better than the Phillips then go for the LG,I know what my money would be on
Thank you. Hopefully Curry's still have an offer on the 55b

Steve84

Novice Member
The B1? If you can get the C1 I think the B1 is a step down Curry’s have the C1 for £1200
I would have liked that one but I think I'm stretching for even the B. Had a little extra set aside but that was the Panasonic 820 blu ray player

Davekale86

I would have liked that one but I think I'm stretching for even the B. Had a little extra set aside but that was the Panasonic 820 blu ray player
The 820 is meant to be a cracking player,I’m sure the B1 will be just as good

Steve84

Novice Member
The 820 is meant to be a cracking player,I’m sure the B1 will be just as good
I don't suppose you know I have a 4k disc (dawn of the dead) which is hdr10+ not dv. If I play this to the LG which doesn't support 10+ i presume it will down grade to HDR. Is it noticeably different

Davekale86

I don't suppose you know I have a 4k disc (dawn of the dead) which is hdr10+ not dv. If I play this to the LG which doesn't support 10+ i presume it will down grade to HDR. Is it noticeably different
Not really I’ve seen a disc with HDR10 + on a Samsung 4K tv,and to me there was no difference with the picture unless you have a trained eye you won’t notice the difference,as for Dolby vision Vs HDR10
you might notice the difference

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom