LG C1 vs Hisense A9G?

Rou01

Novice Member
The main issue here is that there's no comparison online of the 2 TV's nor are there any reviews for the A9G in English on youtube for some reason.

I've always had Hisense and loved them but I decided I wanted to try out an OLED instead.

I was just about to press buy on an LG C1 but found Hisense now do an OLED

The Hisense is £300 cheaper and although it doesn't seem as good for gaming - this isn't my main reason for buying as I own an X34A.

It would be nice to play the odd game on it here and there but it will mainly be for Youtube, Netflix and Movie content.

Should I feel bad for spending so much money on a Hisense when I can get a more known brand for £300 more?

Many thanks guys!

aidey6

What size screen are you looking to buy, as the LG C1 range prices have been coming down recently

Rou01

Novice Member
What size screen are you looking to buy, as the LG C1 range prices have been coming down recently
Hi buddy

I'm after a 55inch, the C1 is £1300 but the Hisense A9G is £799 from them at the moment directy.

Huge price difference and like i say i don't care much for gaming - maybe use it twice a year for an hour or 2 to game if that as X34A is my gaming monitor

Bare in mind the A9G was £1800 and had come down only recently

jdevil

Distinguished Member
The LG C1 was recently £999 at Costco, If you can wait till end of the month for black Friday I would.

I would try to go for the C1 due to the good software support from LG with the apps regularly being updated as well as the OS software.

Rou01

Novice Member
The LG C1 was recently £999 at Costco, If you can wait till end of the month for black Friday I would.

I would try to go for the C1 due to the good software support from LG with the apps regularly being updated as well as the OS software.

back up to £1,298.98 on there,

I was going to buy through john lewis £1299 and pay monthly to build some credit - if the price changes in a few months i can get a refund on what I've paid and buy it again.

I'm also looking at the Sony A80J now as it appears to be a better TV for me as I won't be gaming, although its a little more.

Its shame I can't find a good OLED 55inch with great motion that isn't charging me for the gaming features

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Yes their expensive now because the price price fluctuates weekly, it will be back down to £999 by the end of the month.

I have the LG C1 and had the CX previously, I mainly watch films 80% of the time and never had any issues with the motion. Sony's have historical been very good motion wise but as an average user myself I doubt I'll notice the difference without having both of them side by side. You won't get the Sony any cheaper as their prices don't often fall as low as LG's.

aidey6

I got the 55 C1 from Martin Dawes for £1149 last Friday afternoon and they do it on credit if you prefer. Try going into a shop and ask if they do deals such as Richer Sounds

blinky88

Novice Member
I have the a9g also have the sony a84j oled in another room firstly i noticed how much brighter hdr and dolby vision are on the hisense its way more qled impact than the sony was suprised sound is way the best on any tv on hisense both are great tvs but the hisense is def brighter with correct settings on oled light max setting

blinky88

Novice Member
Only issue for me is hdmi2.0 on a9g why?? Read some reviews on a9g saying its not as bright as best oleds i really dont know what they are talking about as i wld say their claim of 800 nits on hisense ad was true its def brighter than sony oled in hdr and dolby vision i find hdr to be best as when set to dolby vision on apple tv box or firestick i can only get 8bit 709 but hdr says 12 bit bt2020 why is that?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom