swarner210

Novice Member
Hello, I recently purchased an 55 lg c1 oled and lg sp8ya soundbar which I have connected via hdmi earc. In the tv sound advance settings there is an option for digital sound output to be set either to auto or pass through. Which is the best option for my setup keeping in mind I mostly am playing ps5 or watching Netflix and other streaming apps. Thanks!

whited107x

Novice Member
Hello, I recently purchased an 55 lg c1 oled and lg sp8ya soundbar which I have connected via hdmi earc. In the tv sound advance settings there is an option for digital sound output to be set either to auto or pass through. Which is the best option for my setup keeping in mind I mostly am playing ps5 or watching Netflix and other streaming apps. Thanks!
Pass through

I have the same soundbar do you find that the sound options in the sound menu are greyed out?
Ie you can't change sound modes

swarner210

Novice Member
Depending on your tv (and if you’re connecting your soundbar w/hdmi) there should be an option in the advance sound settings labeled “sound bar mode control” that allows you to change modes via the tv. Keep in mind I have an log c1 oled and the 2 support each other’s software. If this option doesn’t work for you, you’re going to have to stick to changing modes directly on the soundbar with its own remote.

Depending on your tv (and if you’re connecting your soundbar w/hdmi) there should be an option in the advance sound settings labeled “sound bar mode control” that allows you to change modes via the tv. Keep in mind I have an log c1 oled and the 2 support each other’s software. If this option doesn’t work for you, you’re going to have to stick to changing modes directly on the soundbar with its own remote.
I have the same tv and same sound bar so it should work

d0x360

Novice Member
Yeah done that I'm just wondering why I can't do it via the tv
Because LG is great at some things and completely inept at others.

Kinda like Samsung and their phones. They do something fantastic like put an exterior screen on the zFlip3 but then don't let you really do anything with it.

Like why can't it be setup to have edge lighting for notifications? Who knows but it can't. Samsung phones are a mix of great hardware, great software and also absolutely terrible software.

God I can't wait for receivers to work again

Barrovian

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on this thread but I have a similar question. I've just got the 65C1 and an SP9 soundbar. Connected via HDMI and while I can get Atmos via the on board apps, I'm struggling to get it from my Panasonic 4K Blu-ray player and Firestick 4K. Any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom