LG C1: The tv will be turned off in.......

JayKay70

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Dunno why but my new LG C1 keeps turning off, it either says the following:

Your tv will turn off in 5 minutes
Your tv will turn off in 1 minute

I think it also says due to auto power off feature.

I have turned off simplink and any eco settings and power saving settings and it's still happening.

Any ideas?

Jay

Funny, my C1 doesn't do that, but my LG monitor connected to the computer via HDMI does it every few days at random. No idea why.

Upvote 0
Same, it only happens when connected to the computer via HDMI......forgot to mention that.

When i play my Xbox it never happens.

Upvote 0
have you disabled all energy settings on the PC ?

Its under Start button > Settings (win10 latest) > System > power and sleep > and make sure screen and sleep are set to NEVER. Also under additional settings > you can tweak the plan to also disable screen savers and computer to sleep to NEVER.

Otherwise this could be an LG oled bug on the newer 2021 sets, maybe worth emailing LG tech support so they can fix it via an firmware update.

Upvote 0

Its under Start button > Settings (win10 latest) > System > power and sleep > and make sure screen and sleep are set to NEVER. Also under additional settings > you can tweak the plan to also disable screen savers and computer to sleep to NEVER.

Otherwise this could be an LG oled bug on the newer 2021 sets, maybe worth emailing LG tech support so they can fix it via an firmware update.
It's certainly not unique to the 2021 C1, but I've only ever seen it on LG monitors.

The Windows driver can turn the screen off after a set period of user inactivity, but that period is reset by any key press or mouse movement. In the case of this problem, the message that appears is from the LG unit, the PC has not been inactive, and no amount of key pressing or mouse movement on the PC will stop it turning off. That's a bug.

Upvote 0

Its under Start button > Settings (win10 latest) > System > power and sleep > and make sure screen and sleep are set to NEVER.
Yes i have already done that, it ain't happened now for two days though and the only changes i have made was:

• Disabled my p.c screensaver as i already have wallpaper engine
  • Un-plugged the t.v from the main for 1 minute (read somewhere that the t.v builds up cache)

So far so good 🤞

Upvote 0
Hey all,

Dunno why but my new LG C1 keeps turning off, it either says the following:

Your tv will turn off in 5 minutes
Your tv will turn off in 1 minute

I think it also says due to auto power off feature.

I have turned off simplink and any eco settings and power saving settings and it's still happening.

Any ideas?

Jay

Upvote 0
My LG C1 started turning itself of with the 5 min warning notice after 4 hours. I believe this was the energy saving settings but couldn’t find how to turn it off. Eventually found it via. Settings - All Settings - Support - Quick Help - Check Items -Self - Diagnosis of TV Settings - Timers. from there I was able to change from Auto to off.

I can’t be sure how it was set to auto but believe it was because I had the display on ECO mode for a while when I changed it back to standard I don’t think it changed that settings back.

Upvote 0
My LG C1 started turning itself of with the 5 min warning notice after 4 hours. I believe this was the energy saving settings but couldn’t find how to turn it off. Eventually found it via. Settings - All Settings - Support - Quick Help - Check Items -Self - Diagnosis of TV Settings - Timers. from there I was able to change from Auto to off.

I can’t be sure how it was set to auto but believe it was because I had the display on ECO mode for a while when I changed it back to standard I don’t think it changed that settings back.
Thanks. My CX does it after a few hours of gaming. Never bothered me all that much as all it takes is to press a button on remote to reset the timer but will be good to turn it off

Upvote 0
Is it something to do with running the pixel refresh which AFAIK is after every 4 hours of use?

Upvote 0
Mines been fine since i:

• Disabled my p.c screensaver as i already have wallpaper engine
  • Un-plugged the t.v from the main for 1 minute (read somewhere that the t.v builds up cache)
p.s Never had a shutdown when playing Xbox, only happened when i was using my p.c but all is fine now since i done the above.

Upvote 0
Hello. Ive got a LG oled65c16la and i also have this issue, ive checked every timer i can find including every option in this topic. Everytime was already turned off. Yet my tv will still display the message after a certain time. Its driving me mad. Any one still got some ideas?

Upvote 0
My new C1 is turning itself off after 4 hours, i have checked and double checked and every auto power off/sleep setting are off. Must be a bug..

Upvote 0
My new C1 is turning itself off after 4 hours, i have checked and double checked and every auto power off/sleep setting are off. Must be a bug..
If you have updated the firmware or are already on 03.21.25, then it can't be a bug else it would affect all of us who are on the same firmware.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom