LG C1 Settings For PC Gaming/Burn In Prevention

LuckyLuciano

Novice Member
Hi

I recently purchased a 65” LG C1 to upgrade my 55” Neo QLED. Whilst I primarily will use it for PS5, Netflix, DisneyPlus and YouTube another big use case would be for gaming on my PC with Nvidia Gsync.

I won’t be using the PC for anything other than gaming so time spent on the desktop would be minimal. Outside of gaming I may occasionally browse the web but only when troubleshooting PC issues, downloading mods, updating Steam games etc.

I know there’s already a forum thread on OLED burn in but I wanted to see if there are any LG 2019/2020/2021 OLED owners who game on pc and had any tips to prevent screen burn?

I’m aware to watch varied content, ensure pixel refresh, logo luminance set to high etc but is there anything more I can do to protect the TV? I read some articles and YouTube videos where they recommend to hide Windows taskbar, black background, set up a screensaver, hide desktop icons.

I don’t want to have a black background but I will if it protects the TV. Hiding the desktop icons though I really don’t want to do that.

What’s your views on this? I’d be interested to know what other PC gamers are doing to prevent screen burn and what you would recommend.

There’s a video on YouTube from Linus about burn in and even though he only had temporary IR one of the guests on the video Wendell from Level1Techs did get permanent burn in on his LG CX. Here’s the video

The only thing is both of these guys are serious YouTube content creators who spend hours using their OLED’s like regular PC monitors which isn’t what I would do.

Am I panicking over nothing?

next010

Distinguished Member
You don't have anything to worry about if its primarily games. Set a screen saver with a short timer and your fine as your not really using the desktop for any serious amount of time.

Though I would avoid playing MMO's which have large amount of static elements on screen combined with these games lengthy play time.

You can optionally set windows to dark mode which will help reduce brightness fluctuation from ABL and reduce burn in risk.

Its not necessary but you can also use wallpaper engine on steam to have animated desktops, anything that moves the entire background.

LuckyLuciano

Novice Member
You don't have anything to worry about if its primarily games. Set a screen saver with a short timer and your fine as your not really using the desktop for any serious amount of time.

Though I would avoid playing MMO's which have large amount of static elements on screen combined with these games lengthy play time.

You can optionally set windows to dark mode which will help reduce brightness fluctuation from ABL and reduce burn in risk.

Its not necessary but you can also use wallpaper engine on steam to have animated desktops, anything that moves the entire background.

Hi next010

Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking the same thing but having someone else confirms it definitely makes me feel more confident.

I mainly play single player games but some games Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3, GTA, RDR2 I can get lost in for many hours so I’ll need to be careful. Although I suppose I’ll need to be just as careful with the PS5.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom