LG C1 picture too dark

AmesDP

My 65" C1 has a good picture with default settings on 1080i input from my cable TV box, but the picture is too dark with everything else, including Blu-Ray and built-in apps like Disney+. I've tried every combination of settings I can to improve the picture, including all the Brightness settings, and the AI and OLED pixel brightness and power-saving settings. It seems to be impossible to get the picture to lighten up the obscured darker portions to normal levels without also making the blacks grey. This is extremely frustrating in a TV that's supposed to be a premium model with the best picture around. I wonder if LG has really screwed up its gamma mapping somehow.
What have other owners found? Any suggestion on the settings?

Sweet Caroline

Novice Member
My 65" C1 has a good picture with default settings on 1080i input from my cable TV box, but the picture is too dark with everything else, including Blu-Ray and built-in apps like Disney+. I've tried every combination of settings I can to improve the picture, including all the Brightness settings, and the AI and OLED pixel brightness and power-saving settings. It seems to be impossible to get the picture to lighten up the obscured darker portions to normal levels without also making the blacks grey. This is extremely frustrating in a TV that's supposed to be a premium model with the best picture around. I wonder if LG has really screwed up its gamma mapping somehow.
What have other owners found? Any suggestion on the settings?
Have you switched off energy saving mode?

MikhailCompo

I upvote this... Just received my C1 55

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom