LG C1 or Samsung QN95A for my bright living room?

Lgkg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We are moving to a new house and are planning to upgrade our current 55" Samsung KS7005 to a new TV. We are considering going for a 65" but we don't know what will work best in the new house.

The picture below is from the listing ad when we bought the house, and we are planning to have TV in the same place. As you can see there is a massive window next to it, with sunlight coming through most of the day. The sun will shine directly on it during the afternoon/evening in the summer time. We live in Sweden, so during the summer the sun is up almost all day and during the winter it's the opposite.

We are considering either the LG C1 (~ £1150) or the Samsung QN95A (~£1400). I'd really like to have an OLED with it's capabilities in dark scenes and it's a good price, but I'm having doubts about the amount of sunshine it will have to handle.

How bad will the LG perform in this environment during day time? Is the Samsung the safer bet?

VideoCapture_20220614-190434.jpg

With either option, some light control would be required in the form of blinds or curtains. It's not practical to have the sun shining on any TV regularly and it will cause damage in the long term and even with the QN95A which has excellent glare handling you are still fighting a losing battle with the sun with no control of the light.

Personally, I'd go for the OLED and manage light more in the summer (or perhaps you are more often to go out in the warmer summer, than winter?) and then enjoy better blacks during the wintertime when its darker.

I'd think about more when your main usage will be. Most people will use their TV less in months when its brighter outside, and in those in-between months usually use the TV in the evening anyway when the sun is going down.

Second, I'd think about which display technology you personally like the sound of the best. From your post, it seems you'd prefer OLED compared to LCD, but each has their own set of pros and cons.

With either option, some light control would be required in the form of blinds or curtains. It's not practical to have the sun shining on any TV regularly and it will cause damage in the long term and even with the QN95A which has excellent glare handling you are still fighting a losing battle with the sun with no control of the light.

Personally, I'd go for the OLED and manage light more in the summer (or perhaps you are more often to go out in the warmer summer, than winter?) and then enjoy better blacks during the wintertime when its darker.

I'd think about more when your main usage will be. Most people will use their TV less in months when its brighter outside, and in those in-between months usually use the TV in the evening anyway when the sun is going down.

Second, I'd think about which display technology you personally like the sound of the best. From your post, it seems you'd prefer OLED compared to LCD, but each has their own set of pros and cons.
Thank you for your reply. I might just go for the OLED.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom