LG C1 (OLED48C1) 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

Rip

If the back panel could be easily removed I should be able to replace the power cable to allow the cable to run through the tube in my wall, but it's a faff. If there's a £900 alternative to the 48C1 then I need to have a look at it before I buy a 48C1.
It might be worth phoning the retailer to explain & ask if would be a problem if you were to cut the end off & fit a new plug yourself?

windhoek

Apparently people have been through this before and it turns out you can remove the power hatch plate thing and simply remove the terminal block and fit a new cable that way; one dude said he got a replacement cable from LG and used the terminal block from that one so as to keep the original cable and terminal block all together should any issues arise.

The other option would be to run a one-gang extension lead through the tube in my wall and simply keek the TVs power cable on the TV side of the tube and do the snipping/attaching of plugs at the other end of the extension lead. I can't believe I never thought of that myself, it's the simplest solution!

Rip

The other option would be to run a one-gang extension lead through the tube in my wall and simply keek the TVs power cable on the TV side of the tube and do the snipping/attaching of plugs at the other end of the extension lead. I can't believe I never thought of that myself, it's the simplest solution!
I assumed you were wall mounting & didn't want to do that & be left with a load of spare wire & bulky plug to socket to hide? If you have the space to hide all that then that should work.. :smashin:

windhoek

I assumed you were wall mounting & didn't want to do that & be left with a load of spare wire & bulky plug to socket to hide? If you have the space to hide all that then that should work.. :smashin:
Yeah, it shouldn't be too difficult to fold the TV lead into a neat non-coiling bundle, and there should be space behind the TV for a socket and plug to sit without being visible or requiring the TV to sit any farther off the wall.

Either way, I've now got options and the 48C1 is back on :)

meltonboy

Ahead of doing the step by step as Phil described, which picture mode is most accurate on Disney+ / HDR? I don’t seem to have filmmaker mode with this, but have cinema and cinema home.

Thanks

MB

Teacoffeefizzies

Novice Member
Thanks for the review. There's no mention of the Sony 48A1, how do they compare? What's the difference between the 48C16LA and 48C14LB?
If you go to LG’s website you can do a compare and select highlight thf differences. I think it’s things like WASA speakers and simplink. I couldn’t figure out why the 15 model was £200 more expensive than the two you mentioned.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom