LG C1 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Joe C

Distinguished Member
There must be a cut off point somewhere though. Current sets are phenomenal when it comes to current accuracy - and we’re already reaching the point where people are having to turn the brightness down.

Is OLED reaching where plasma got to and it’s going to become non-economical to improve it any further

Paden

That's a really good scene for anyone to try and look at, with the square/rectangle door/window frames in the background. I've tried all the settings and for my eyes (that's the important part as we all perceive motion/judder in a different way):
Dejudder on 6 works the best but it's still nowhere near perfect.
Cinematic does not work for me, I see even more judder.
Natural is not too bad
Smooth makes me sea-sick
None of the Oled Motion Pro work for me at all
I could not see any difference improvement with Deblur from 0 to 10.

Another good scene to try setting motion to anyone's liking is the opening scene of The Hand of God, when the camera follows the car and it pans all across the Bay of Naples...
Ouch! That "Hand Of God" pan is quite a challange.
For the moment I've setled upon the OLED Motion Pro "Low" setting.
It does have an impact on the brightness but the motion now appears more like what I'm used to from my previous plasma.
Will see how it goes.

Cheers, Paul

b1g1an

Hey all
Anyone else enjoying Moon Knight on their C1?
Just wondering which TruMotion setting people generally prefer.
I'm using Phil's settings which recommended it be turned off, however there's a slow panning shot in the latest episode, The Tomb, at 37:40, which causes considerable juddering on my set.
Is the same thing happening on other peoples C1's?
Enabling "Cinematic Movement" helps considerably but then can also introduce artefacts (e.g. the previously mentioned drone spotter aircraft from Dune, 1:01:44).
Just wondered if there's a Magic Bullet solution without SOE.

Cheers, Paul

That's a really good scene for anyone to try and look at, with the square/rectangle door/window frames in the background. I've tried all the settings and for my eyes (that's the important part as we all perceive motion/judder in a different way):
Dejudder on 6 works the best but it's still nowhere near perfect.
Cinematic does not work for me, I see even more judder.
Natural is not too bad
Smooth makes me sea-sick
None of the Oled Motion Pro work for me at all
I could not see any difference improvement with Deblur from 0 to 10.

Another good scene to try setting motion to anyone's liking is the opening scene of The Hand of God, when the camera follows the car and it pans all across the Bay of Naples...

Not saying it's the reason in your example but bear in mind this type of thing can sometimes just be down to badly made media rather than the TV causing the issue.

One of the best examples of this is the scene at 44:20 in Army of the Dead on Netflix, truly shocking motion problems that are in the source. That film has a lot of other production boobs in it too, the infamous stuck pixel for example, but the slow panning in that scene is about the worst you'll see.

nick9one1

I missed this thread and posted here..

bazzae123

Can anyone help getting Alexa hands free working? I have my Alexa speaker, but it won’t recognise voice commands. I tried downloading the basic skill but it does nothing.

Any suggestions?
I've got this working on my new C1 48" but it took quite a bit of time a lot of swearing. It took about three attempts with deleting and starting again but in the end it now works and has been for over a week without any issues. It's a really nice feature when it works.

In the end the found this post and follwed it

h**ps://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/onaib5/unable_to_turn_on_lg_tv_with_alexa/

Pay attention to the post by onsles as I think this is the deciding factor. Good luck!

Chief NL

I've got this working on my new C1 48" but it took quite a bit of time a lot of swearing. It took about three attempts with deleting and starting again but in the end it now works and has been for over a week without any issues. It's a really nice feature when it works.

In the end the found this post and follwed it

h**ps://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/onaib5/unable_to_turn_on_lg_tv_with_alexa/

Pay attention to the post by onsles as I think this is the deciding factor. Good luck!
I now have a new problem, I cannot link my ThinQ and Alexa accounts. Driving me crazy again already at bloody 8AM!

CBPodge

Standard Member
Most certainly! I have this one on my C1. It works a treat.

Amazon product

Is this easy to set up/get the TV mounted securely and at the right height? I'd like it to literally be as low over the speakers as possible without the speakers covering the screen - I have a pet peeve about TVs being mounted too high and feeling like you're in a doctor's waiting room.

The diagrams look weirdly complicated and I don't want to manage to break my new TV trying to get it onto a fiddly mount! But my existing speakers are too tall to try the simpler Ikea Lack shelf solution that others have done.

me_here

Is this easy to set up/get the TV mounted securely and at the right height?
There's lots of flexibility as you have options of which holes to use to attach the 2 vertical pieces to the TVs VESA holes. Then you also choose where on the vertical stand piece the horizontal piece goes.

Here's some images of my C1 with this stand (65" with Sonos Arc).

Fair play on wanting to keep the TV as low as possible.
#centre-of-screen-at-eye-level-or-death

Attachments

• C1 1.jpg
    C1 1.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 173
  • C1 2.jpg
    C1 2.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 169
  • C1 3.jpg
    C1 3.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 179

CBPodge

Standard Member
Cheers, that looks really good. I reckon I'll be buying one. Although as it's not urgent I might just hang on for a deal.

Joe C

Distinguished Member
Cheers, that looks really good. I reckon I'll be buying one. Although as it's not urgent I might just hang on for a deal.

There's a 5% off voucher available for it now

bazzae123

I now have a new problem, I cannot link my ThinQ and Alexa accounts. Driving me crazy again already at bloody 8AM!
I know the feeling mate. Drove me around the bend but was determined to get it working. I had to delete the phone app and some line items in my on line Alexa account a few times and then start again but eventualy it sorted itself out. Like I said, its been stable for over a week now. One thing that did my head in was I tried to make my Alexa and ThinQ passwords the same but the ThinQ required a extra special letter and in the end I kept getting both mixed up when I needed to enter one or the other :mad:
Take some deep breaths and stick with it :)

Last edited:

Pavement

Does anyone else's inputs keep getting renamed back to HDMI 3, for example? I have a PC connected and it keeps doing this.
The only time mine has reset was when I unplugged my PS5 which I had set up as a PC input. It reset to a console connection when I plugged it back in to the same HDMI port

V1mFueg0

Not saying it's the reason in your example but bear in mind this type of thing can sometimes just be down to badly made media rather than the TV causing the issue.

One of the best examples of this is the scene at 44:20 in Army of the Dead on Netflix, truly shocking motion problems that are in the source. That film has a lot of other production boobs in it too, the infamous stuck pixel for example, but the slow panning in that scene is about the worst you'll see.

I've seen that film and don't recall seeing what you describe (always in FMM for movies). My sub has now lapsed so I can't check it. Do you think the 'dead' pixel might be a sort of in-joke? 😂 As an aside, I thought the sequel (Army of Thieves) was even better. No less implausible but a cracking heist flick, nonetheless. Looked great too on my C1.

Last edited:

AndrewSc

Novice Member
Hi all,
Finally leaving the Panasonic discord and moving here as we just bought a C1 55”
I registered here to see if there is a cheat sheet from the vets for the best/optimal setup, settings, etc.

I’ll mainly be using this at a living room TV that will run content from my PC (via hdmi) and the normal built in freeview.

My PC Is a RTX 3080OC / 5900x / 32gb ram and contract will be running in pled/Kodi/MPC-HC and the browser etc.

Is there a community cheat sheet that contains all of the best practices, hints, tips, guides etc for settings such as best general settings for gaming / movies / sports or essential out of the box changes to make, or the most accurate picture modes for gaming, movies etc.

If anyone here uses the C1 connected to a PC/Kodi/Gaming etc. do you have settings that you recommend for these scenarios?

Such as…
Best BFI setting (if any)
Best Motion Pro setting (if any)
Bedt picture mode setting (if any)
Best settings for Gsync / 3080 etc (if any)
Best settings for 1080p gaming (if any)
Best settings for 4k gaming (if any)
Best settings for 60hz / 120hz etc (if any)
Best VRR settings (if any)
What settings to disable:enable for optimal picture quality (if any)
What settings to disable/enable for optimal response time (if any)
What settings to enable for optimal colour reproduction (if any)
Things you wish you knew when you first had your C1?
Things you MUST do as soon as you install the tag etc?

If any of the long term users have a list of hints, tips etc that would be incredibly helpful for the new comers like myself who are (finally) joining the oled revolution.

Things you wish you knew, things you wish you did earlier, solutions to problems you had, best motion settings, picture settings, colour settings, gaming settings etc etc etc.

Any advice, tips, ideas are all welcome as this is not only a new TV but a new format for us, as we have never owned OLED before.

Cheers :)

b1g1an

I've seen that film and don't recall seeing what you describe (always in FMM for movies). My sub has now lapsed so I can't check it. Do you think the 'dead' pixel might be a sort of in-joke? 😂 As an aside, I thought the sequel (Army of Thieves) was even better. No less implausible but a cracking heist flick, nonetheless. Looked great too on my C1.
Agreed on the sequel, entertaining brain out garbage :) Watched the first one second and think it was helped by the terrible reviews in that I expected nothing but got something.

You can see the scene here, bookmarked to the relevant bit, where it's used to demo the C1s motion settings...

M14DMX

Novice Member
Hi all , I've tried looking for an answer to this to no avail ...

... my C1 is displaying some random colours on different outputs. Amazon fire stick, Disney, Netflix, Prime apps and is very noticeable on the menu.

But SKY and XBSX are fine?? Any ideas why this has happened and how to fix it. First time it has done this

Tried to show this on the attached pictures but you can see menus in blue writing, Lisa's eyes and other pictures look almost like negatives but the Sky and Xbox inputs are fine ??

** A hard reset fixed the issue but no explanation on to why this happened - should I be worried? **

Attachments

• 16510078907138953051012615479274.jpg
    16510078907138953051012615479274.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 16510079593437543923732462835572.jpg
    16510079593437543923732462835572.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 1651008001551315798267616722989.jpg
    1651008001551315798267616722989.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 16510081107857141382800015186183.jpg
    16510081107857141382800015186183.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

baronm

Hi all,
Finally leaving the Panasonic discord and moving here as we just bought a C1 55”
I registered here to see if there is a cheat sheet from the vets for the best/optimal setup, settings, etc.

I’ll mainly be using this at a living room TV that will run content from my PC (via hdmi) and the normal built in freeview.

My PC Is a RTX 3080OC / 5900x / 32gb ram and contract will be running in pled/Kodi/MPC-HC and the browser etc.

Is there a community cheat sheet that contains all of the best practices, hints, tips, guides etc for settings such as best general settings for gaming / movies / sports or essential out of the box changes to make, or the most accurate picture modes for gaming, movies etc.

If anyone here uses the C1 connected to a PC/Kodi/Gaming etc. do you have settings that you recommend for these scenarios?

Such as…
Best BFI setting (if any)
Best Motion Pro setting (if any)
Bedt picture mode setting (if any)
Best settings for Gsync / 3080 etc (if any)
Best settings for 1080p gaming (if any)
Best settings for 4k gaming (if any)
Best settings for 60hz / 120hz etc (if any)
Best VRR settings (if any)
What settings to disable:enable for optimal picture quality (if any)
What settings to disable/enable for optimal response time (if any)
What settings to enable for optimal colour reproduction (if any)
Things you wish you knew when you first had your C1?
Things you MUST do as soon as you install the tag etc?

If any of the long term users have a list of hints, tips etc that would be incredibly helpful for the new comers like myself who are (finally) joining the oled revolution.

Things you wish you knew, things you wish you did earlier, solutions to problems you had, best motion settings, picture settings, colour settings, gaming settings etc etc etc.

Any advice, tips, ideas are all welcome as this is not only a new TV but a new format for us, as we have never owned OLED before.

Cheers :)

Geez - just do a simple search in this thread!

AndrewSc

Novice Member
How are people finding standard def content?
I’ll be using the display connected to a PC, mainly to watch 1080p content from my media pc?

I’ve read that standard def content has quite low brightness and can look extremely dull.

I won’t be playing HDR movies or games does anyone predominantly use the display for standard def content and how do you find it in these circumstances?

I’ve read a lot about people disliking the screen dimming, particularly on dark screens and then again on full white screens (which has caused a lot of people to return the set) how are members here finding this aggressive dimming feature / issue and how bad is it with standard def content, is it a deal breaker?

The tv arrives tomorrow, I was able to get the 65” C1 for £999 and don’t want to open it if it turns out it has a few of these distracting issues, I’d rather simply return it or refuse the delivery of the tv is as problematic as it sounds from the users online?

Also does the tv have an analog tuner?

Last edited:

b1g1an

How are people finding standard def content?
I’ll be using the display connected to a monitor, mainly to watch 1080p movies / to series etc streaming from my media pc?

I’ve read that standard def content has low brightness and can look quite dull.

I won’t be playing HDR movies or games does anyone predominantly use the display for standard def content and how do you find it?

I’ve read a lot about people disliking the screen dimming, particularly on dark screens and then again on full white screens which has caused a lot of people to return the set. How are members here finding this aggressive dimming issue and how bad is it with standard def content?

Decent 1080p stuff looks excellent, one of the things I was most impressed by as I assumed it would be comprimised. Only reason it would look low brightness or dull would be because the settings are wrong or you're unrealistically comparing to HDR. As long as you turn all the energy saving crap off there isn't any dimming that you should actually notice.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow