LG C1 OLED PC connection issue

Hi all,

Thanks for the help in advance!

Bought a LG 55C1PCB 2 months ago and still struggling to connect with my PC. Both my PC and LG C1 connected to a router through Ethernet. I can share youtube videos by it's own built-in button (shown below), but not the browser, videos from other sources or even the desktop itself.

1632636530274.png

Have tried to connect again on PC, and the PC is able to find the TV (screen cap below). But it can't be projected no matter what. Watched a lot of videos and trouble shooting but still getting nowhere. Just don't want to connect them with an HDMI cable if there's a way to fix it.

Thank you very much for the help!

1632636087535.png

next010

Distinguished Member
The TV uses miracast which is basically a closed box, it either works or it doesn't and you don't get any insight into the process or tools to diagnose problems.

On windows you do need a WiFi adapter to initiate the miracast system, pure ethernet wont work.

So if your PC doesn't have WiFi then your going to need to get a USB WiFi compatible with miracast. If you have any USB WiFi devices spare just try it and see if it works.

The other option which is much more reliable is to buy
1) Google Chromecast + ethernet adapter.
2) Airparrot

Airparrot can treat chromecast receivers as virtual monitors and you get much more control over the experience with quality settings, display modes etc, it also can work over ethernet, no need for WiFi adapter.

Airparrot does have some support for TV Airplay receivers which the C1 is but not all of them, you could try the demo version and see if it works with the C1.

Last edited:
It's cool and thanks a lot for that! Wish I have searched for help earlier instead of watching videos after videos. Going to buy one WiFi adapter / Chromecast / Airparrot, thank you! :)

The TV uses miracast which is basically a closed box, it either works or it doesn't and you don't get any insight into the process or tools to diagnose problems.

On windows you do need a WiFi adapter to initiate the miracast system, pure ethernet wont work.

So if your PC doesn't have WiFi then your going to need to get a USB WiFi compatible with miracast. If you have any USB WiFi devices spare just try it and see if it works.

The other option which is much more reliable is to buy
1) Google Chromecast + ethernet adapter.
2) Airparrot

Airparrot can treat chromecast receivers as virtual monitors and you get much more control over the experience with quality settings, display modes etc, it also can work over ethernet, no need for WiFi adapter.

Airparrot does have some support for TV Airplay receivers which the C1 is but not all of them, you could try the demo version and see if it works with the C1.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom