LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Lol. Not a fan boy and happy to hear that there are better options... didnt go down the rabbit hole of comparisons this time... Im sure one is better but now a days it's like cars and other products, all much of a muchness and just comes down to personal preference. Bmw vs merc...

I will give honest feedback for what it's worth once I had it for awhile.

Jusr Tried a Samsung Lsp9t projector and was very unhappy... thought projectors had evolved but imo still nowhere near ready to compete with tvs even with there screen size advantage as the quality sacrifice too big.
It will be an amazing tv, especially for gaming.

I have always been happy with lg oled. Was looking at giving sony a shot..
This vid decided for me.

That guy is a joke as reviewer, I have both the C1 and A90J on the way and will make my own mind up :)

Personally I do not trust any YT TV reviewers, I like to see for myself.

thats looks stunning tbf. Im curious, whats that on the wall to the right of the TV as we look at it?
That’s my intercom bell, press this when I want to be relaxed and 5 Thai women jump out and start giving me an all over body massage…..:love::p

it’s my Nest Thermostat controller, I have one on ground and one 1st floor in our bedroom :)

That’s my intercom bell, press this when I want to be relaxed and 5 Thai women jump out and start giving me an all over body massage…..:love::p

it’s my Nest Thermostat controller, I have one on ground and one 1st floor in our bedroom :)
You are just a show off is all.....👌👌
Have you attached the lighting strip to the wall or the back of the LG and does it change colour / pulse with the sound?

You are just a show off is all.....👌👌
Have you attached the lighting strip to the wall or the back of the LG and does it change colour / pulse with the sound?

Yes you can have the light strip pulse to the sounds, we just have it on static as had the Hue Gradient before and it just distracted us, and it’s attached to the back of the TV.

I've had the C1 48 now for 5 days. Really impressed so far using it primarily as a monitor connected to a 6800xt, but also for media consumption.

For those concerned about the panel uniformity I have run through all the grey tests, troublesome scenes etc and there are no grids or banding. There are a couple of tiny blobs visible at around 5% grey, they seem connected with surface imperfections on the glass. But they are absolutely not visible in any other content despite me looking very closely so I'm not concerned.

Compared with my C6 65 with its banding this is a fantastic panel, very happy so far.

The only issues in use have been with the 6800xt, the latest drivers 21.4.1 onwards broke freesync into a stuttering mess so I rolled back to 21.3.2 which works. 4k hdr gaming with freesync is stunning. I've had some driver crashes but that's AMD for you, and the radeon drivers don't identify the set as hdmi VRR capable, apparently the rtx3080 works fine in this regard.

I didn't preorder. I'm living and working over in Italy at the moment. Amazon and the local stores have had them in stock for at least a month I'd say. I actually bought it at a local Euronics store as they let me test the set in store before committing to the purchase.

Afternoon All,

Hope your all well?

I just wondered where preferences lie in regards to White Balance Temperature on the sets...

From looking the CX and previous were all Warm 1 or Warm 2, where has the C1 is a number slider from W50 to C50...

Which temp is most accurate/used and how would Warm 1 or Warm 2 correlate to the C1 way?

Afternoon All,

Hope your all well?

I just wondered where preferences lie in regards to White Balance Temperature on the sets...

From looking the CX and previous were all Warm 1 or Warm 2, where has the C1 is a number slider from W50 to C50...

Which temp is most accurate/used and how would Warm 1 or Warm 2 correlate to the C1 way?

Warm 50 is close to D65 on my C1

Last edited:
Cool , can you post some pics? Look forward to more feedback and comparisons! Who did you buy from? Its the 83 inch right? Need to update your signature! 55 to 83 must be amazing.

Why did you buy both? are they for different rooms?

Warm 50 is close to D65 on my C1
Thank you very much for this, I currently have mine set to C20, however from looking at your second post with you actual setting, I have essentially used everything you have apart from C20 instead of W50 & also I have my Colour Gamut to Native...

With this in mind, I will give W50 & Colour Gamut - Auto ago and see how that looks.

Can I ask, what is the difference between colour gamut auto vs native?

Many Thanks : )

Cool , can you post some pics? Look forward to more feedback and comparisons! Who did you buy from? Its the 83 inch right? Need to update your signature! 55 to 83 must be amazing.

Why did you buy both? are they for different rooms?

No it's a 55" from JL. She who must be obeyed said I can have any TV I want as long as it is no bigger then 55"! I would love a 77" but alas it's only a dream until I can find a new wife.

I ordered both the C1 and A90J, I will keep which one I like the best.

Thank you very much for this, I currently have mine set to C20, however from looking at your second post with you actual setting, I have essentially used everything you have apart from C20 instead of W50 & also I have my Colour Gamut to Native...

With this in mind, I will give W50 & Colour Gamut - Auto ago and see how that looks.

Can I ask, what is the difference between colour gamut auto vs native?

Many Thanks : )

You should set Colour Gamut to Auto so it selects REC.709 or REC.2020 depending on content.

Bit the bullet and bought the 77"! Arriving 25th May from Richer!
Upgrading from the 65 C8

The 77” is amazing!!!

I don’t have a controlling wife ;) haha

82594136-2FC7-4D0B-B2BF-764B5D49EC9D.jpeg

The 77” is amazing!!!

I don’t have a controlling wife ;) haha
haha likewise. Her response was "You are going to end up getting it anyways, so just order it"
I followed the command!

I also purchased the JL Protect Plus which is a no brainer in my eyes :)

If it does appear to have burn in within 5 years then I’m covered, the protection can also be extended per year after 2025

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom