LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Your looking at him :thumbsup:

I‘m done with Panasonic, especially after reading their latest business rumours. I’ve now jumped ship from owning many Panasonic’s over the years and being loyal, and trying my hand with LG. Don’t get me wrong, I hummed over this for a few weeks….then decided sod it, lets try another mftr.

Exactly the same for me, let's hope we made a wise decision!

How is the install going?

Just got home mate, will either start tonight or tomorrow when the brats (sorry my lovely kids) are in bed…

Im also waiting for any help, regarding a query I asked above about cabling on #597

Just got home mate, will either start tonight or tomorrow when the brats (sorry my lovely kids) are in bed…

Im also waiting for any help, regarding a query I asked above about cabling on #597

Can't help with that, I use a full surround setup. But I would play it safe and use all 2.1 HDMI cables.

Last edited:
Evening all, Really enjoying the new set up, it’s such and improvement on our previous Panasonic OLED!

Im currently playing around with the picture setting now really... I have cracked (what we are happy with), the setting for HDR, Dolby Vision and general dark room watching of films. But I’m still trying to get a good balance for a set I can use for just general SD/HD daily watching. I’m currently working with ‘Expert Bright Room’ which where I have dialled down on the contrast a bit, but seems to offer a good true images. However I appreciate picture setting can be a very individual thing, but I just wondered what others have set for just general daytime viewing?

Has anyone found any of the AI modes useful?

and has anyone every followed setting from this website? They seems to suggest Bright Room with a few adjustments: rtings.com

Cheers :)

@JamesSmithUK

Started and getting on

(holes are from previous TV’s)

0D8F06CA-C23E-476B-9F09-06F013DEEAC0.png

Dammit, curiosity got the best of me so I have ordered a XR55A90J to test next to my incoming C1!

Having won round the missus and daughters to upgrade from 55" to 65", I'm moving from a 4 year old Sony, do I need to replace my HDMI cables (they run into a Denon amp and out to a surround speaker system). Sorry, but this is all double dutch to me! Cheers.

I have always been happy with lg oled. Was looking at giving sony a shot..
This vid decided for me.

Lol. Not a fan boy and happy to hear that there are better options... didnt go down the rabbit hole of comparisons this time... Im sure one is better but now a days it's like cars and other products, all much of a muchness and just comes down to personal preference. Bmw vs merc...

I will give honest feedback for what it's worth once I had it for awhile.

Jusr Tried a Samsung Lsp9t projector and was very unhappy... thought projectors had evolved but imo still nowhere near ready to compete with tvs even with there screen size advantage as the quality sacrifice too big.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom