LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Latest webos has option to show bar at the bottom of a screen with apps, just apps, one row (kinda like old style, while still seeing what's in the background). This bar can show up but.... only when you turn on TV. I wish they gave us option to set this up as Home as the option is already there, something like Lite Home.

Latest webos has option to show bar at the bottom of a screen with apps, just apps, one row (kinda like old style, while still seeing what's in the background). This bar can show up but.... only when you turn on TV. I wish they gave us option to set this up as Home as the option is already there, something like Lite Home.
Sounds good maybe they are listening to all the feedback.. I imagine this is exactly what they may do.. give users the option.

How do you do it?

Two rows actually, something like this

Attachments

• 694A37DC-EA57-4A4C-9C7D-18CF8D82AB51.jpeg
    694A37DC-EA57-4A4C-9C7D-18CF8D82AB51.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 261
  • EEAF40B8-D61C-4807-821D-00E9411524FC.jpeg
    EEAF40B8-D61C-4807-821D-00E9411524FC.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 259
so all looks the same aprt from small bar when you turn it on? can't customise rows now in the full page webos screen?

I can't see anything different, HGiG still not fixed.

Afternoon All,

Is there a way to bring up information on the screen that shows the current broadcast details such as current audio format, on any broadcast whether it be a built in streaming app or cable tv channel?

I'm look for something that would say like DD or DD+ ect.... At the mo the only thing I can get is by pressing the 'I' button on my LG SN9GY sound bar shows either 'Dolby Atmos', or Dolby Audio' and not the exact format?

TV is the new C1 - Thank you : )

It was, when I said latest I meant the C1 version overall, just wasn't sure which one is it.

Didn't even know you could do that, initially I thought the full screen approach was useful, it really isn't, and you can bypass the options inside, like dashboard etc just by long pressing certain buttons.

Weirdly, even though it said I'm installing webos 7.0, I still have this...

20210508_141722.jpg

Did you unplug the TV and let it reboot to take changes into effect ? Might be a long shot

oh and boiling hot kettle water works wonders on patio weeds, do it weekly you won't see them.

How many on here have jumped ship from Panasonic? I have owned Panasonic TV's for the last 30 years and would never consider another brand. I just could not wait for the JZ2000 and pulled the trigger on the C1. I was going to get the G1 but I see no benefit once calibrated.

Your looking at him :thumbsup:

I‘m done with Panasonic, especially after reading their latest business rumours. I’ve now jumped ship from owning many Panasonic’s over the years and being loyal, and trying my hand with LG. Don’t get me wrong, I hummed over this for a few weeks….then decided sod it, lets try another mftr.

Wish Panasonic were really pushing the tech scene with TVs but they just appear to take too long to do anything and while they are announcing their upcoming latest TV sets LG and Sony are almost shipping their next series TV sets.

If Panasonic wanted to be bold and innovative they could have released an 42" and 31" Oled where there is a gap in the market and already high demand for it.

Wish Panasonic were really pushing the tech scene with TVs but they just appear to take too long to do anything and while they are announcing their upcoming latest TV sets LG and Sony are almost shipping their next series TV sets.

If Panasonic wanted to be bold and innovative they could have released an 42" and 31" Oled where there is a gap in the market and already high demand for it.

They could have also released a 75”, which is why I think something is definitely in the air…

Just to confirm, tomorrow when I wire up all the cables up the back of the wall to the LG TV. I only need 2 x certified Ultra High Speed 2.1 HDMI cables running from the back of the TV (HDMI slot 2 eARC) to 1.The Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar input, and HDMI 1 will be from HDMI slot 1 to the Xbox Series X? (Which will give me direct ALLM / VRR full 2.1)

Due to the sound bar not allowing ALLM (2.1) pass through I may as well just connect the SkyQ box, Nintendo Switch and Apple TV to the 3 only inputs on the soundbar with ultra high speed HDMI cables also.

Does this all sound right to everyone?
Anyone able to help or advise on the a one folks?

Will be setting this up tomorrow, so any help would be much appreciated

I'm probably going to order the C1 this week. Other then size is there no difference between the 77 and 83 inch units?

Seems like a massive jump in price for only 6 inches if no other advantages?

I can't for the life of me connect my blue tooth headset to the TV, it just refuses to connect. I'll keep plugging away.

In trying to connect my arctis 9x, it keeps saying"cannot connect to your TV". It recognises the headset and gives the option to connect, but then that error message appears.

Does PCM 5.1 / 7.1 pass-through via HDMI EARC work on the C1?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom