LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I wonder what is happening with the 48 inch model. Is this the new panel or does the new panel only start on the 55 inch plus panel
I'd imagine all 2021 oleds from all brands will be the new panel with the new spectral response, they are all cut from the same sheets at the factories.

these were taken by a trusted USA calibrator..
top one is the Sony A90J
a90j-jpg.3107898.jpeg

this is the C1
2B99C1A7-47F2-4AF6-892F-1C2428A1EF9F.jpeg

And this is VT one of the G1 evo, notice the older graph profile on the 2020 GX compared to the new style 2021 panels

Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 23.20.44.png

Here is also the a90j again comparing to a 2020 sony a8h oled, notice the a8h similar profile as the 2020 gx

A90J vs A8H Spectrum Response.png

Last edited:
Have noticed that JL do not sell Protect Plus with LG 65 or 77 C1

When I emailed them about this yesterday, they mentioned it may not be sold with it

Have noticed that JL do not sell Protect Plus with LG 65 or 77 C1

When I emailed them about this yesterday, they mentioned it may not be sold with it
I think they've just forgotten to list it with each specific version, no reason it'd be offered with one size but not the others, plus they offer it on the 77G1. The people responding are just CS agents who don't really know much about web programming. (sources used: @jmacc )

I think they've just forgotten to list it with each specific version, no reason it'd be offered with one size but not the others, plus they offer it on the 77G1. The people responding are just CS agents who don't really know much about web programming. (sources used: @jmacc )
I know more about JL stock and website than most CS agents :rotfl: :laugh: :(:(:blush:

These may use the same EVO panel but heatsink is the magic wand that will enable the processing unit to drive the panel harder to its maximum potential.

These may use the same EVO panel but heatsink is the magic wand that will enable the processing unit to drive the panel harder to its maximum potential.

There is no Heatsink on the G1 either the Sony and Panasonic have a heatsink though it doesn’t seem to a great deal to the A90

There is no Heatsink on the G1 either the Sony and Panasonic have a heatsink though it doesn’t seem to a great deal to the A90

Correct. It's a missed opportunity by LG IMO as they have a panel that can be driven harder but they can't due to lack of heatsink. Overall, it's good news for C1 owners as the panel is the same as G1.

lol i haven't said I ordered anything :rotfl:
The first we know is when you get a poop panel and it's being returned.

The first we know is when you get a poop panel and it's being returned.
No need, i can just quietly return it and not say a word, then i dont have to listen to the dogooders and fanboys complaining about someone returning a crap panel. :thumbsup: 🤫:D

I'd imagine all 2021 oleds from all brands will be the new panel with the new spectral response, they are all cut from the same sheets at the factories.

these were taken by a trusted USA calibrator..
top one is the Sony A90J
View attachment 1493781

this is the C1
View attachment 1493783

And this is VT one of the G1 evo, notice the older graph profile on the 2020 GX compared to the new style 2021 panels

View attachment 1493785

Here is also the a90j again comparing to a 2020 sony a8h oled, notice the a8h similar profile as the 2020 gx

View attachment 1493787
Other than weighing a ton what are Panasonic doing with the 2000 that allowed it to get brighter than both the G1 and A90J and 2 years ago. Or should I get my coat. :eek: :oops:

Other than weighing a ton what are Panasonic doing with the 2000 that allowed it to get brighter than both the G1 and A90J and 2 years ago. Or should I get my coat. :eek: :oops:
I guess just driving it harder. Pitty its a portable.

I guess just driving it harder. Pitty its a portable.
Doubt short of getting the Hulk to give a hand that anyone could handle a 77 inch or pay the asking price.. Though my last CRT was a Panasonic 36 inch which weighed over 80 kg's. :rolleyes: 💪

If you believe

Very seem to have 10% off the 55" and 65" models. Haven't checked other TVs on their website, they could possibly have other TVs with money off.

It might help somebody save a few pounds

Edit : this could be account specific

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-181045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-181045_Chrome.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 103

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom