LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

majorusa

Established Member
Reaction score
LG OLED55C12PL. is my first OLED TV. I own 5 other LG TVs LED and Nano Cell. I got only few hours with this new TV so as my first post I will add my first issue.
The C1 is connected to an AVR Yamaha RX-V6A with a 2.1 HDMI certified cable that worked with no issues with my previous 2018 LG NANO, the one in the signature. I get sound from the TV. However, the C1 refuses to transmit to the Yamaha any volume or power on-off command. The strange thing is that in input I do have two boxes with HDMI 2.
The settings are: e-arc enabled and the rest in the attached pictures. Simplink HDMI-CEC is enabled. I tried all sorts of combinations, both on the Yamaha and the C1, the only way in which I have sound is with e-Arc on.

Another interesting thing is that the remote can give commands to the Shield which is directly connected to the Yamaha but not to the Yamaha itself.

I even reinstalled the C1 twice hoping that this will magically solve the issue.

The issue is that though the e-ARC is conveying sound to the Yamaha AVR, the C1 does not transmit any other command. This means that when I turn on the TV the AVR remains turned off.
If both the TV and AVR are on, there is sound but I cannot modify the volume with the C1 remote though the volume icon appears on the screen and shows that is pressed - as it is in one of the attached pictures. Also when I change the input to HDMI 2, where the Yamaha is connected, reverting to the TV means to manually change the input on the Yamaha using its own remote, not the C1, to TV in order to get sound.

Any idea what is going on here? Thank you for your help.

Later edit. Now the sound and controls are working. I used the procedure listed below:
I unplugged the TV and AVR. I waited around 15 minutes. Plugged in the TV. Turned on the TV. Plugged in the AVR. It turned itself on. Handshake.
Sound and controls working!

I will post a short review after I fiddle a little more with the new WebOS 6.

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,418
  • IMG_3127.JPEG
    IMG_3127.JPEG
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_3126.JPEG
    IMG_3126.JPEG
    330.9 KB · Views: 1,243
  • IMG_3125.JPEG
    IMG_3125.JPEG
    306.3 KB · Views: 1,845
  • IMG_3124.JPEG
    IMG_3124.JPEG
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,295
Last edited:
Got mine today the new OS is a bit different for sure impressed though

Got mine today the new OS is a bit different for sure impressed though
Nice one mate.
At firsrt I didn't like the look of the new os but it's grown on me.
what size screen and where did you get it from?

Got my 55 inch C1 today, delivered from John Lewis

Last TV I had up until this morning was a 55 inch B6

Hooked my series X up to it this afternoon, the dashboard noticeably doesn't look as vibrant as it did on my B6, tried messing with some settings but noticed regardless of if I have the picture set to game optimiser mode or on standard mode there are certain options in the advanced settings that are greyed out like peak brightness. Anyone know why that is? I've turned the eco settings off but still can't change it.

I've calibrated the hdr, brightness and contrast using the console but the dashboard still looks kinda dull. The greens were alot more vibrant before

Got my 55 inch C1 today, delivered from John Lewis

Last TV I had up until this morning was a 55 inch B6

Hooked my series X up to it this afternoon, the dashboard noticeably doesn't look as vibrant as it did on my B6, tried messing with some settings but noticed regardless of if I have the picture set to game optimiser mode or on standard mode there are certain options in the advanced settings that are greyed out like peak brightness. Anyone know why that is? I've turned the eco settings off but still can't change it.

I've calibrated the hdr, brightness and contrast using the console but the dashboard still looks kinda dull. The greens were alot more vibrant before
maybe you have eco-mode on.. You should put that off.. see this video of Phil

Pretty sure there's a bug in game mode that has lowered the brightness by 100nits. A fix is on the way

I got a firmware update come through this evening 03.10.29, can't find any patch notes so don't know what's been updated

Yea I thought it may be a game mode issue but it's dim in standard mode too, even in that mode certain advanced features are greyed out/unable to be changed.

It's early days for this TV so I dare say it'll sort it self out.

What do people think of the sound modes on the set? I find myself using the standard sound mode at the mo, tried AI sound mode but I feel it elevates background noise over the sound of voices and its abit distracting. Again, maybe cause I'm used to the sound on my B6 and it's just new, I dunno

I found a strange issue when using the Tidal app on mine. When it goes to screensaver after around 4 mins the app stops playing music. Only way to stop it is to press a button every couple of mins which defeats the purpose of it :thumbsdow

My short review of the C1. My model is OLED55C12PL. I paid 1280 EUR for it.
1618156400752.png

The good:
  • picture quality is great, including on SD. It really shines on HDR and Dolby Vision
  • motion handling is very good.
  • after a troublesome setup, the C1 transmits very well audio on e-ARC.
  • my screen has no banding and great uniformity
The bad:
- the C1 comes with the same stupid stand as the previous CX, which is 3.4 cm high. This will not allow you to place any soundbar or center speaker in front of the TV. I solved this issue using a stand from Hama because a wall mount was not a feasible solution for me. Now I have enough space under the TV to place speakers or soundbar.
1618156282279.png

• the new WebOS 6.0 is bad. The new Home is a mess, without any usefulness, placing apps and advertised shows in the same screen and making difficult to access the apps that you really want and the TV channels. Not to mention that pressing the Home button, cuts the picture and sound of your current source.
  • one of the most used function in my house is Live Playback. On my previous Nano Cell this function was recording 90 minutes regardless if you changed channel or not. This year Live Playback is recording only the current TV channel. As soon as you change the channel you lose the recording.
  • Universal Control is simply not working. I have an Apple TV 4K connected through HDMI 1 and I cannot use the TV remote to give any command to the Apple TV.
  • a lot of the apps I got on my Nano Cell are missing from the WebOS6 app store. One example is NFL GamePass Europe.
  • there is no PIP or PAP on this TV. I had these on my old TV.
  • Apple TV connected through HDMI gives a black screen on Dolby Vision.
  • navigating the Settings is more difficult. By example the Energy Settings are in A section called Support. Why?

Before, WebOS was a simple to use and very fast TV OS. If I would have to buy a TV set for my mum I would really hesitate to buy an LG with WebOS 6.0.

Last edited:
My short review of the C1. My model is OLED55C12PL. I paid 1280 EUR for it.
View attachment 1492973
The good:
  • picture quality is great, including on SD. It really shines on HDR and Dolby Vision
  • motion handling is very good.
  • after a troublesome setup, the C1 transmits very well audio on e-ARC.
  • my screen has no banding and great uniformity
The bad:
- the C1 comes with the same stupid stand as the previous CX, which is 3.4 cm high. This will not allow you to place any soundbar or center speaker in front of the TV. I solved this issue using a stand from Hama because a wall mount was not a feasible solution for me. Now I have enough space under the TV to place speakers or soundbar.
View attachment 1492972

• the new WebOS 6.0 is bad. The new Home is a mess, without any usefulness, placing apps and advertised shows in the same screen and making difficult to access the apps that you really want and the TV channels. Not to mention that pressing the Home button, cuts the picture and sound of your current source.
  • one of the most used function in my house is Live Playback. On my previous Nano Cell this function was recording 90 minutes regardless if you changed channel or not. This year Live Playback is recording only the current TV channel. As soon as you change the channel you lose the recording.
  • Universal Control is simply not working. I have an Apple TV 4K connected through HDMI 1 and I cannot use the TV remote to give any command to the Apple TV.
  • a lot of the apps I got on my Nano Cell are missing from the WebOS6 app store. One example is NFL GamePass Europe.
  • there is no PIP or PAP on this TV. I had these on my old TV.
  • Apple TV connected through HDMI gives a black screen on Dolby Vision.
  • navigating the Settings is more difficult. By example the Energy Settings are in A section called Support. Why?

Before, WebOS was a simple to use and very fast TV OS. If I would have to buy a TV set for my mum I would really hesitate to buy an LG with WebOS 6.0.
Did u try AI Picture Pro?

Anyone else having issues with casting content from the Iphone to the TV?
Screen castings works, but casting from a program to the TV won't work?

Tip: If the picture is washed out and the colors are not vibrant, disable Auto Dynamic Contrast or move it to medium or high. By default is set to low. It is found in Picture-Advanced-Brightness.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom