LG C1 OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Been trying to get my hands on a ps5 for like forever
I managed to bag both ps5 and xsx, xsx is the nicer looking console lol but i havent played it in about 1 month now, ps5 is currently getting all my love.

SimonST

Distinguished Member
A £2500 AG9 is a cracking deal, would consider one at that price, best value by far, but if the difference was only say, £500, 77C1 would be my choice every time: It's still a brighter TV (Sony have never been known for having the brightest OLEDs; even the A90J isn't exactly massively brighter with its heatsink/wrgb overdrive), better BFI, HDMI 2.1 (x4 at that), near-black has improved this year, as has upscaling and 2 years of updates, which an older TV won't be getting. Hopefully will be some price drops on the 77C1 before too long.

If you have a 2018ish+ OLED and don't need a bigger one, then it makes sense to stick with what you've got, but as I need a bigger OLED and mine is ancient, I'm sure I'll be very happy with the upgrade, be that a C1 or G1 :smoke:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
A £2500 AG9 is a cracking deal, would consider one at that price, best value by far, but if the difference was only say, £500, 77C1 would be my choice every time: It's still a brighter TV (Sony have never been known for having the brightest OLEDs; even the A90J isn't exactly massively brighter with its heatsink/wrgb overdrive), better BFI, HDMI 2.1 (x4 at that), near-black has improved this year, as has upscaling and 2 years of updates, which an older TV won't be getting. Hopefully will be some price drops on the 77C1 before too long.

If you have a 2018ish+ OLED and don't need a bigger one, then it makes sense to stick with what you've got, but as I need a bigger OLED and mine is ancient, I'm sure I'll be very happy with the upgrade, be that a C1 or G1 :smoke:
Yeah same.
£2400 costco discontinued deal for the ag9 77 is very good. But id pay more for brightness as i found my 2 ag9s too dim for my liking, backed up by reviewers nits readings also.
anyway this is a 2021 C1 thread not the 2019 ag9 owners thread :nono::rolleyes:

clydebest

Distinguished Member
I managed to bag both ps5 and xsx, xsx is the nicer looking console lol but i havent played it in about 1 month now, ps5 is currently getting all my love.
How did you manage that mate been trying for an XBOX / PS5 forever?😭

fzst

How much did you score it for mate?
Cx is probably the only 77" 2020 tv id consider.

I got a 65 inch for 1300 CHF but since I'm based in Switzerland, this information isn't really valuable.

But for reference, over here TVs are generally quite a bit cheaper than in the UK. This was still a special deal though, the CX is currently at 1500 and the C1, which just came out a few days ago, is currently at 2900 at 65 inches.

Last edited:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Wow wel done mate! :blush: some great stuff seems to be coming to xsx soon
Hope so mate, and with a c1 or g1 running at 120fps it should be a sweet thing to see and feel. :thumbsup:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
That would be a sight to behold! Don't forget to share pictures with us :blush:
I just need some price drops mate.
Im kind of set at a c1 77 at £3499**

**I reserve my right to change my mind every half hour.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Unless cost-co are doing them cheap 77 inch CX is roughly £3300 everywhere .

clydebest

Distinguished Member
I just need some price drops mate.
Im kind of set at a c1 77 at £3499**

**I reserve my right to change my mind every half hour.
That could be a while :(

i have not made my mind up if I reserve the right to change it every half hour#help.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
That could be a while :(

i have not made my mind up if I reserve the right to change it every half hour#help.
Dunno mate 1 x 10% code from a retailer and were nearly there.
Currys were doing a 10off code a few days back.. took the c1 77 to 3599

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Dunno mate 1 x 10% code from a retailer and were nearly there.
Currys were doing a 10off code a few days back.. took the c1 77 to 3599
And your tipping point is £100 less, just tip mate.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
If it had 4 proper hdmi 2.1's and not 2 gimped half working hdmi 2.1's, then it could be more justifying at that price.
But a tv that expensive is a long time keeper so needs to be more future proof than it is imo.
also looks like they cheaped out again and only gave 3gb ram rather than the advertised 4gb., and only 4gb storage rather than the 16gb advertised.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Troll alert, sony owner in a lg c1 thread :rotfl:
Shame you didnt hold of just 3 short months and you could have an extra £1100 in your pocket. 😢
myself id much rather a 2021 set, be it c1,g1, a80j or a90j.
:smoke:
I was actually thinking of picking up a portable C1 ,and selling the C9 , but there's no point at all really for my usage ,as for saving £1100 ,well in reality it would have been considerably less than that figure as the Costco price wasn't nationwide and I would have undoubtedly got even less for the 65"AG9 I sold .

Regards from a very happy AG9 owner .......................:rotfl:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Not exactly a review and not even in english but nice stuff to look at :blush::blush::blush::D:D:D:love:

There is youtube auto translate but I never bothered :blush:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I was actually thinking of picking up a portable C1 ,and selling the C9 , but there's no point at all really for my usage ,as for saving £1100 ,well in reality it would have been considerably less than that figure as the Costco price wasn't nationwide and I would have undoubtedly got even less for the 65"AG9 I sold .

Regards from a very happy AG9 owner .......................:rotfl:
oooh someone just got triggered :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

regards from a very relieved returner of 2 dim bandy ag9's..................:rotfl:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Here is some more brightness readings from d-nice in the USA :thumbsup:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 17.08.43.png

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Looks very similar the g1 readings @SimonST and more than phil got on the G1 review?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I could quite easily see this tv being £1999 in 77" towards the end of it's life! Thinking £2499 for BF?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 12th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Bluesound unveils new generation of Node and Powernode audio players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim launches Uniti Atom Headphone Edition
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sennheiser announces flagship IE 900 earphones