LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

mrs is saying no at moment I will have to grind her down
4C9F49D5-13A5-41B6-BFB9-4B1BF559277A.gif

Ok this tv has now made the top of my list as the best all rounder tv.

maybe a few others also? @SimonST @IL Cattivo @Smudger558 @JW90 @clydebest @ukjackbauer :D

it's all about that spectral response and money saving :love:
It’s certainly gone up in my estimation. I’d like to know what exactly makes the G1 “evo”

This video shows C1 and G1 side by side. The G1 seems to pop that little more and has that “3D” look but there’s not too much in it.

P.S can anyone translate German?

It’s certainly gone up in my estimation. I’d like to know what exactly makes the G1 “evo”

This video shows C1 and G1 side by side. The G1 seems to pop that little more and has that “3D” look but there’s not too much in it.

You can try the YouTube auto translate but it can be a bit iffy at times lol.
also hard to guide by a video and 2 different size TVs. Then you have panel variance that comes into play also.

There's been a few videos that could go either way really, think a lot of it is just panel variance. We've had C1s rivalling the A90J for brightness, A90Js just pushing out the G1 for brightness etc. so who knows? Mixture of that and possibly some placebo effect, plus everyone wants to do all these reviews/comparisons videos for some YT clicks, probably gets a bit boring for viewers if you say they're exactly the same :\

There's been a few videos that could go either way really, think a lot of it is just panel variance. We've had C1s rivalling the A90J for brightness, A90Js just pushing out the G1 for brightness etc. so who knows? Mixture of that and possibly some placebo effect, plus everyone wants to do all these reviews/comparisons videos for some YT clicks, probably gets a bit boring for viewers if you say they're exactly the same :\
We need the only real review.. quantum tv :love:

just kidding

You can try the YouTube auto translate but it can be a bit iffy at times lol.
also hard to guide by a video and 2 different size TVs. Then you have panel variance that comes into play also.
That’s true. I would have thought the “3D pop” would be more down to processing or am I wrong? They looked very close in brightness. G1 maybe more realistic?

That’s true. I would have thought the “3D pop” would be more down to processing or am I wrong? They looked very close in brightness. G1 maybe more realistic?
Yeah they both have the same alpha 9 gen 4 processor and the same exact firmware versions so... 🤷‍♂️

We need the lads on here to review them
Has Avf mentioned any tv in for review yet,or are they waiting on the next ring doorbell to come out so they can review that :rolleyes:

Yeah they both have the same alpha 9 gen 4 processor and the same exact firmware versions so... 🤷‍♂️
Would be nice if they explained the real reason behind it “evo” rather than marketing crap

Has Avf mentioned any tv in for review yet,or are they waiting on the next ring doorbell to come out so they can review that :rolleyes:
Thought all the patreon stuff was going to get earlier/more TV reviews :( Does seem like a change of the times though when all these random youtube z-listers are getting 2021 TVs in for review, sometimes weeks/month ago, and nothing from one of the UK's largest AV publications?

Would be nice if they explained the real reason behind it “evo” rather than marketing crap
I suspect if they did that, fewer people would buy the 'e v o 2.0' :D I mean it's still the best choice for a lot of people, but for people like me who were willing to compromise on the aesthetics (on a stand, the C1 absolutely looks better) for the better panel, but now we know they use the same panel, C1 is much more tempting, even if the G1 is slightly better still, doubt it's £800 better PQ.. some of that budget has to go into the uprated audio system and the flush wall-mount design and the uniformly designed chassis.

It seems like it's almost the usual difference between c and g models apart from the evo nonsense
Whatever the panel the evo certainly didn't live up the the brightness hype lol.
nice small boost in nits over last years TVs by the looks and less aggresive abl, think it's more about being energy efficient tbh.. gotta buy your £3000 tv then save 30p a year on the elecy bill :rolleyes::smoke:

Shops are open so we can have a look
Wonder if any stores have new OLEDs set up yet. I went into the Merry Hill Currys today and just old TVs. Most of the OLEDs switched off :rolleyes: Probably realise they'll sell fewer LCD junk if they're getting shown up :blush: Even the Q900TS didn't look anything special to me from PQ, although the design was nice, especially with the zero-bezel. Still managed to have a bent screen though, even with 1cm+ thick chassis :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom