LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Really, really appreciate you checking mate - I’ve arranged for it to be sent back.
What I did not get a chance to do was to try the same footage with my Apple TV 4k box (the old one, not the one released in Q4 2021). I will do this evening, just in case I have the same issue via the HDMI in ports! However, as said in my post, definitely nothing at all through the internal Netflix app - very clean image indeed, and certainly no distracting flickering.

Can anyone help I'm not sure if one of the kids did something with the remote but a bunch of my settings had been reset. Sorted that now and calibrated it again but I noticed when I put a film on it no longer automatically selects filmmaker mode. Is this something in settings I can't seem to find anything and it's not working like it used to. Short of doing a full reset I'm not sure what else to try.

What I did not get a chance to do was to try the same footage with my Apple TV 4k box (the old one, not the one released in Q4 2021). I will do this evening, just in case I have the same issue via the HDMI in ports! However, as said in my post, definitely nothing at all through the internal Netflix app - very clean image indeed, and certainly no distracting flickering.
Confirmed no flickering through Apple TV 4k with same content via Dolby Vision. Connected via HDMI 2 in of my Sony soundbar to the EARC HDMI (2) of the LG C1.

My settings on Apple TV below, in case it helps. Range and Frame Rate are both on under 'Match Content'.

20220118_175441.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone help I'm not sure if one of the kids did something with the remote but a bunch of my settings had been reset. Sorted that now and calibrated it again but I noticed when I put a film on it no longer automatically selects filmmaker mode. Is this something in settings I can't seem to find anything and it's not working like it used to. Short of doing a full reset I'm not sure what else to try.
I don't think it automatically selects filmmaker mode when you watch a movie.
It automatically selects HDR or Dolby Vision.
But your mode for viewing is user selected.

Was on Costco website, yesterday looking at the LG C1 55” priced at £1,069.
Logged into Costco after work today, and it has been taken off the website.
Usually, if they run out of stock, they still advertise it.
I wonder if Costco are preparing for a price drop below £1,000 on the 55" ?:clap:
Someone has to. :D

Oh maybe your right then. I only noticed because when setting it up I was checking different inputs etc and seemed to recall it'd recognise films sometimes in the past and change but maybe I remembered wrong.

Still prompts to update.

Has anyone else seen the flicker issue with DV content on Netflix in near dark scenes? It's done my bloody head in - I was watching 'The King' and between the 3-7 minute mark when they're sat at the dinner table the screens just pulsates/flickers.

It's done it on the G1 too so it's not a hardware fault, I hope; but is there anyway I can stop it doing so? I dread watching legit content now in case of noticing it.
mine ( 55” C1 , latest firmware ) does the same on Wandavision, it’s damn annoying. watching it on an ATV 4K ( 2017 ). first noticed it on the end credits, and then on the Agatha Harkness episode in the forest, but then in other scenes ( Wanda’s flashback to when she was younger ), it didn’t do it.

Last edited:
Hi.
Is it normal for LG C16LA OLED TV to make click noise when turning it ON and OFF ?
Thanks in advance.

The only instance currently where it automatically flips into Flimmaker Mode (if you allow it to do so) is on the internal Prime app, as far as I am aware.

hi..if you go into picture settings , advanced settings there is an option for auto selecting filmmaker mode ....assume thats it?

Looks like my OLED journey might be coming to an end again. This is the third one, had kept it a few weeks hoping this might fade. The camera does exaggerate it, just a tad, but. This blue is turning white walls in Star Wars blue, Stormtroopers blue, sand blue, yellows in animations green and is especially bad in this game.

And there's no angle I can sit at that helps, sadly. I've tried moving the TV, I've tried moving my sitting position. Nothing helps. Sidewalks in Spider-Man look blue, grays look blue, black and white movies look blue - all off at the edges of the screen.

Going to attempt possibly one repair, see what happens and give up.

I mean this photo was taken sitting facing the front of the screen, more or less. Cannot find a position where any image doesn't turn blue.

Attachments

• 271727687_255612170018019_1390620168773331642_n.jpg
    271727687_255612170018019_1390620168773331642_n.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 346
I can control the series x with the magic remote with simplink but is there a way to open the xbox guide with the remote as well?

I can control the series x with the magic remote with simplink but is there a way to open the xbox guide with the remote as well?
Not tried yet, but is that an option for the … button (under #9 button)?

I’ve actually come here to ask a similar question.

Does anyone know if you can customise what appears in the … button for connected devices, or is it purely pot luck what is available on this virtual remote?

For example, on my Blu-ray player connected to the TV, I get the usual play, stop, pause etc. on the virtual keyboard with the TV remote.

My real bug bear is the soundbar/receiver on HDMI2 ARC, the LG virtual remote gives me some basic functions but not a source switcher.

I do have a Harmony Elite remote to fall
back on, but I do rather like the new LG remote, if it could be customised to give me just a few basic options I could quite happily switch to the TV remote.

Looks like my OLED journey might be coming to an end again. This is the third one, had kept it a few weeks hoping this might fade. The camera does exaggerate it, just a tad, but. This blue is turning white walls in Star Wars blue, Stormtroopers blue, sand blue, yellows in animations green and is especially bad in this game.

And there's no angle I can sit at that helps, sadly. I've tried moving the TV, I've tried moving my sitting position. Nothing helps. Sidewalks in Spider-Man look blue, grays look blue, black and white movies look blue - all off at the edges of the screen.

I mean this photo was taken sitting facing the front of the screen, more or less. Cannot find a position where any image doesn't turn blue.
My G1 which I had before my C1 was like that. It had a line on the bottom too. It's faulty and will bother you more and more. Return it.

What does your full white look like can you see the tinting easily on a white screen also does it effect simpsons? Green tint usually seems to effect simpsons the most

My G1 which I had before my C1 was like that. It had a line on the bottom too. It's faulty and will bother you more and more. Return it.

Trouble with a return is we're now being told no. No more returns, no more replacements. It's return and finance cancelled, or we'd have to go look at sets at the store. So I'm tempted to try a repair from LG, and see if it makes a difference. This is, sadly, two C1s so far like this. And honestly, it is starting to bother me now.

What does your full white look like can you see the tinting easily on a white screen also does it effect simpsons? Green tint usually seems to effect simpsons the most

This is my white screen. I haven't tried Simpsons, but I have watched Bob's Burgers and honestly, it can be pretty atrocious. But I'm not being told no, no replacement, no new TV. It's cancelled, more or less, and that's our option. So. And if I try a repair, currently no one can tell me whether that voids and return if it fails.

Attachments

• 271786391_3131949673796259_2253483361279697402_n.jpg
    271786391_3131949673796259_2253483361279697402_n.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 271718827_431517502087542_1864762612222397358_n.jpg
    271718827_431517502087542_1864762612222397358_n.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 271741547_449282999997347_2965642389462005175_n.jpg
    271741547_449282999997347_2965642389462005175_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 267382028_4704834726300796_5947959721929200441_n.jpg
    267382028_4704834726300796_5947959721929200441_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 224
^^Yeah, that's insanely bad. No way I would accept that!

^^Yeah, that's insanely bad. No way I would accept that!

Yeah, we're arranging a repair now with LG. Richer Sounds won't replace it again, and fair. This is the third, and I don't feel comfortable myself asking for TV after TV after TV. If they have a limit on replacements now, I don't blame them.

But LG have not even hesitated. Instantly - repair. Showed photos? "Okay, we need to repair that."

And if it fails, I'm being told they'll either refund/return or will repair again. Check, same tint? Supposedly repair again. So I'm going to just keep trying. It's this, or back to a 12 year old Samsung that already broke once.

I had hoped it would fade, but it has honestly gotten worse. As the panel has cleaned itself, after each 4 hour session? Blue/green became more prominent.

Yeah, we're arranging a repair now with LG. Richer Sounds won't replace it again, and fair. This is the third, and I don't feel comfortable myself asking for TV after TV after TV. If they have a limit on replacements now, I don't blame them.

But LG have not even hesitated. Instantly - repair. Showed photos? "Okay, we need to repair that."

And if it fails, I'm being told they'll either refund/return or will repair again. Check, same tint? Supposedly repair again. So I'm going to just keep trying. It's this, or back to a 12 year old Samsung that already broke once.

I had hoped it would fade, but it has honestly gotten worse. As the panel has cleaned itself, after each 4 hour session? Blue/green became more prominent.
Well, that sounds fair and promising. There are definitely good panels out there!

Good luck with the repair :)

Well, that sounds fair and promising. There are definitely good panels out there!

Good luck with the repair :)

This is why I'm so upset. My first panel was flawless. Banding? Practically none. Played a lot of Tsushima in HDR, a lot of gray skies, and moments you'd normally see banding and there was nothing. It was pristine.

White? Flawless. Never noticed anything. But the set HAD to develop a fault didn't it. A black line formed down middle of screen, and over a few days, got worse. Second set, blue tint. Third set? Blue. And it's such a shame. I was so, so, so happy with the first, I would NEVER have replaced it.

My hope is that replacement panels at LG might be more... have more QA? Maybe I'm being too hopeful but I do not see the point of having a selection of replacement panels, but half/more than half having a risk of being far, far worse. Defeats the purpose.

This is why I'm so upset. My first panel was flawless. Banding? Practically none. Played a lot of Tsushima in HDR, a lot of gray skies, and moments you'd normally see banding and there was nothing. It was pristine.

White? Flawless. Never noticed anything. But the set HAD to develop a fault didn't it. A black line formed down middle of screen, and over a few days, got worse. Second set, blue tint. Third set? Blue. And it's such a shame. I was so, so, so happy with the first, I would NEVER have replaced it.

My hope is that replacement panels at LG might be more... have more QA? Maybe I'm being too hopeful but I do not see the point of having a selection of replacement panels, but half/more than half having a risk of being far, far worse. Defeats the purpose.

Usually tint isn’t that strong, with an oled you should expect some tint on white it’s almost certain but it shouldn’t be that invasive.

I have noticed LG changed the screen coating for C1s recently the 55 and 48 seem to be most effected by it, they are all warm in the middle and greenish blue on the outside for example this level is normal from the coating used any heavier is most likely a defect

Attachments

• 65B4D858-93D3-4865-A82D-D3723F9462E1.jpeg
    65B4D858-93D3-4865-A82D-D3723F9462E1.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 82D99099-FA03-4C1B-A94E-131648C7C20E.jpeg
    82D99099-FA03-4C1B-A94E-131648C7C20E.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 178
Usually tint isn’t that strong, with an oled you should expect some tint on white it’s almost certain but it shouldn’t be that invasive.

I have noticed LG changed the screen coating for C1s recently the 55 and 48 seem to be most effected by it, they are all warm in the middle and greenish blue on the outside for example this level is normal from the coating used any heavier is most likely a defect

Yeah I mean I can definitely see it there, but I feel like for sure, you play Tsushima or watch Star Wars of anything, you're probably not going to see that in content?

It's a shame my end, because I'll be running through the snow in Tsushima, through a field of flowers, and their stems/flowers will turn green/blue. Psycho takes on a hint of blue. And if I sit really, really far away? Hey, it gets better. But at my normal distance, no chance. I've moved it around a bit to see if I can find a good balance, but no. Sadly, there's no balance, if that makes sense? No point where the image is consistent.

I have Psycho on now, just to double check it all and you can see the edges looking green/blue. If it were faint enough you never noticed? I'd be fine. And especially, I remember on my first set if I stood off to the right of it, you'd definitely see a little shift. But facing it straight on, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Yeah I mean I can definitely see it there, but I feel like for sure, you play Tsushima or watch Star Wars of anything, you're probably not going to see that in content?

It's a shame my end, because I'll be running through the snow in Tsushima, through a field of flowers, and their stems/flowers will turn green/blue. Psycho takes on a hint of blue. And if I sit really, really far away? Hey, it gets better. But at my normal distance, no chance. I've moved it around a bit to see if I can find a good balance, but no. Sadly, there's no balance, if that makes sense? No point where the image is consistent.

I have Psycho on now, just to double check it all and you can see the edges looking green/blue. If it were faint enough you never noticed? I'd be fine. And especially, I remember on my first set if I stood off to the right of it, you'd definitely see a little shift. But facing it straight on, it stands out like a sore thumb.
Yeah on the new panels if I look for the blue green tinting I can see it only on like off whites etc even then it’s transparent and light. I think especially if you can see it on content that’s not white then it’s most likely a defect.
I’ve been playing resident evil 8 and the start is a lot of snowy areas and I haven’t had an issue with it. If you have that give that one a look maybe or check it on YouTube

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom