LG C1 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

What picture setting are people using to watch football? i watched a little on dark room, and bright room, both didn't look very good, standard and game looked the best but would be interested to see what other use.

I’ve just left my 65 C1 in standard and turned off the power saving and the logo dimming. That’s all just standard and it looks sensational. All the other so called correct modes are too dark

I was trying to think of the word that describes the picture this afternoon watching a Xmas Carol and Polar Express and good wasn’t doing it justice, sensational was a better word

And my previous TVs were high end Samsung 4K qleds. Had to move away from Samsung due to poor quality panels this year, they’ve really let themselves down have Samsung

But it’s true what people say about oled, for me it’s not that the blacks are blacks, what it’s about is the pin point contrast and variations in contrast all over the picture that oled gives it’s just the best

And it has seemed to get better the screen after about 4 weeks as people said as well, must be a running in time the oled panels need

I paid £1600 for 65 C1, tremendous value in 2021

I’ve just left my 65 C1 in standard and turned off the power saving and the logo dimming. That’s all just standard and it looks sensational. All the other so called correct modes are too dark

I was trying to think of the word that describes the picture this afternoon watching a Xmas Carol and Polar Express and good wasn’t doing it justice, sensational was a better word

And my previous TVs were high end Samsung 4K qleds. Had to move away from Samsung due to poor quality panels this year, they’ve really let themselves down have Samsung

But it’s true what people say about oled, for me it’s not that the blacks are blacks, what it’s about is the pin point contrast and variations in contrast all over the picture that oled gives it’s just the best

And it has seemed to get better the screen after about 4 weeks as people said as well, must be a running in time the oled panels need

I am favouring standard to the minute, i used to find game mode was pretty decent on my C9.
I have only had the C1 a few days and been working so time to play around has been limited.

How come you have turned off logo dimming? I'll be leaving mine on as oi have done in the past.

What picture setting are people using to watch football? i watched a little on dark room, and bright room, both didn't look very good, standard and game looked the best but would be interested to see what other use.

FMM - works fine for me

Also is there an “info” button. Previous sets have one that give quick details of picture and sound input etc
Press the "..." button on the remote and use the "Information" option from the menu that appears to show that info.

I've just set up the Sonos arc with the TV and and have been watching "The Witcher" on Netflix and it's been scaring my life out of me. Loving Dolby Atmos. I have it set up with the arc, sub and surrounds.
I have the Playbar, Sub and a pair of Play Ones for the surrounds. How much of an improvement is the Arc over the Playbar? (Got a feeling the answer is going to cost me another £800.00)

Can anyone confirm the Sky Q issues have been fixed? Im wall mounting my G1 today and hope to watch the football tonight without any issues.

Can anyone confirm the Sky Q issues have been fixed? Im wall mounting my G1 today and hope to watch the football tonight without any issues.
Yeah, .80 firmware fixed it

Finally ordered a 65 from Costco yesterday. Anyone who has bought from them - was the quoted 10 working days for delivery what you found in the real world? I'm hoping they are taking the approach of under promising and over delivering on that one!
Ordered mine from Costco on Black Friday, received the following Saturday so 5 or 6 'working' days?

I've ordered the 77" C1 from Costco on Black Friday (still hasn't been delivered). Thinking I may need to raise it up a bit further than the default stand offers. Any suggestions for a solidly built pedestal VESA stand that'll work with the 77"?
Another common method for raising the TV a bit to provide clearance for a soundbar is to use a LACK shelf from Ikea. It is almost the exact dimensions of the LG stand (slightly wider than the 55" stand, haven't checked the 77" stand) and raises it up 5 cm. If you add rubber feet to it, you can run your cables under it for a clean installation.

I have the Playbar, Sub and a pair of Play Ones for the surrounds. How much of an improvement is the Arc over the Playbar? (Got a feeling the answer is going to cost me another £800.00)
I can't help you there, I never had a play bar. I can say that I've been frightened out of my skin trying to dodge arrows flying at me from all angles. 🤯

Last edited:
I had to cancel my order for LG C1 55”, with John Lewis. The problem was with the Creation interest free finance company JL use and the creation account portal. I couldn’t log in to my account and a quick look online said customers had been complaining for years about poor customer service and missed payment charges after being locked out of their account. So I cancelled with JL online and sent a recorded delivery to Creation Finance cancelling the finance agreement as I am within the 14 days cooling off period.

Anyhoo, the Lg C1 has gone back up significantly in price but there still seems to be a few LG CX 55” bargains knocking about at the moment.

Is it worth waiting for the LG C1 to go back down significantly or would the older LG CX model which is priced between £870-£999 be a better option?

I had to cancel my order for LG C1 55”, with John Lewis. The problem was with the Creation interest free finance company JL use and the creation account portal. I couldn’t log in to my account and a quick look online said customers had been complaining for years about poor customer service and missed payment charges after being locked out of their account. So I cancelled with JL online and sent a recorded delivery to Creation Finance cancelling the finance agreement as I am within the 14 days cooling off period.

Anyhoo, the Lg C1 has gone back up significantly in price but there still seems to be a few LG CX 55” bargains knocking about at the moment.

Is it worth waiting for the LG C1 to go back down significantly or would the older LG CX model which is priced between £870-£999 be a better option?
The C1 is always gonna be a better TV than the CX, so I'd hold out for a C1 if I were you. That said, if you're in a rush, and can't wait for a C1, the CX is still a very good option

The C1 is always gonna be a better TV than the CX, so I'd hold out for a C1 if I were you. That said, if you're in a rush, and can't wait for a C1, the CX is still a very good option
Thanks Kos, I can wait and I think the extra price difference won't be that significant... hopefully.

I've had my C1 65" for just over a week now.

The picture is absolutely incredible. I can't belive how bright it is after coming from my 8yo? 50" Panny ST60 plasma. I have set it to "filmmaker" mode as per the video on this sites YouTube channel. I think that the white is a bit blue and it might have some black crush, is this normal or was the picture settings on my old plasma just too warm?

Does it need a proper calibration to sort? And has anyone tried calibration themselves with CalMAN.

I’ve just put on the uniformity test on YouTube and there seems to be a line of dead pixels on the right hand side running from top to bottom in a straight line. This is fresh out the box. Is it a matter of breaking the tv in at it’ll disappear as I noticed they can change colour so not sure if it’s classed as dead pixels but definitely not right. Also there is a noticeable pinkness on the left especially on white screen or when watching football. Do I send it back?!
Richer Sounds will be replacing this TV. Im starting to wonder given how common this pink issue is on the C1, if some people with this tv are oblivious to the one, if any, on their TVs without doing some sort of uniformity or colour test. If the one it replaces has the same issue I might just go for the A80j if the price is right, as this panel problem and the C1s infamous black crush is putting me right off :(

FFM is very dark, certainly not representative of what football should look like.
Out of interest, did you try adjusting the OLED Pixel Brightness option once in FMM? I found it too dark at the default settings (as they were when I got the TV) but upping the pixel brightness resolved the issue for me.

I've had my C1 65" for just over a week now.

The picture is absolutely incredible. I can't belive how bright it is after coming from my 8yo? 50" Panny ST60 plasma. I have set it to "filmmaker" mode as per the video on this sites YouTube channel. I think that the white is a bit blue and it might have some black crush, is this normal or was the picture settings on my old plasma just too warm?

Does it need a proper calibration to sort? And has anyone tried calibration themselves with CalMAN.
Your Panasonic was a entry level S series, in comparison to the mid G series or the V series so compared to the S series the C1 would be much better in brightness. I had a G and even though the picture on the C1 is much better there was no black crush on my Panny plasma! Some people are Ok to live with this but if youre used to intricate details in all black levels like in Panny plasmas you notice this straight away..

I’ve come from a Sony xf to a g1 and did think may not be happy with the brightness of oled but my god it’s bright. Very happy and still not really calibrated

To anyone with the Sonos Arc, I have a beam 1 and 2 Symfinisk lamps, but tempted to upgrade the Beam for the Atmos support. Is it a noticeable step up from the Beam 1 or should I just consider the Beam 2?

I’ve come from a Sony xf to a g1 and did think may not be happy with the brightness of oled but my god it’s bright. Very happy and still not really calibrated
Hey @dUnKle. I know you were a big fan of the XF, so how you finding the LG coming from the XF? Worthy upgrade? A big leap I'm assuming? :)

I’ve think I’ve decided to keep this tv as if I keep swapping them I might go mad lol, only issue I have with it is abit of pink tint top center. Strangely in person I can’t see it on whites only the camera picks it up, it’s most visible on grey. Should I roll the dice again or leave it? This is after a week around 30 hours.
CE536207-2B0E-45B0-82E1-EFB077F95E98.jpeg

78209903-1B2F-4C11-9162-4E9D06F7D7AF.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom