LG c1 not passthrough on xbox sx through hdmi to spdif dolby digital and dts working only 2chanals

conkeriz

Novice Member
Hi, guys i'm new on lg tv i bought a lg oled c1 changed from my old 2016 samsung tv class 6 i noticed that with my xbox sx console have sound issue passthrough optical audio only 2chnl. i have been readed that dts license is removed from this tv but i'm totaly fine with dolby digital but it seams tv also dosen't work with dolby digital with my old samsung tv passthrough dts and dolby digital working fine. i have a question can i do something with service remote control to make it work?
like this man did on older model:

Or is there any way to make it work dolby digital through spdif with my xbox sx?

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi, guys i'm new on lg tv i bought a lg oled c1 changed from my old 2016 samsung tv class 6 i noticed that with my xbox sx console have sound issue passthrough optical audio only 2chnl. i have been readed that dts license is removed from this tv but i'm totaly fine with dolby digital but it seams tv also dosen't work with dolby digital with my old samsung tv passthrough dts and dolby digital working fine. i have a question can i do something with service remote control to make it work?
like this man did on older model:

Or is there any way to make it work dolby digital through spdif with my xbox sx?

The only audio formats optical supports are
1) PCM 2.0 (stereo)
2) Dolby 5.1
3) DTS 5.1 (not supported by LG).

So that limits you to stereo PCM and Dolby 5.1, nothing can change that on the C1.

On LG sound settings change the digital sound output from PCM to Auto so it can pass Dolby 5.1, on your console set it to bitstream Dolby 5.1

conkeriz

Novice Member
i have been tried to change pcm to auto on tv and on console chenged to dolby but still receiver is showing 2chnl audio

conkeriz

Novice Member
Fixed! i'ts seems tv has a bug changed from optical out device to HDMI(ARC) and then back to optical out device then i was able to change digital sound output from pcm to passthrough and now receiver is showing dolby D
Thanks for answer!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom