KStu51

Novice Member
Current setup of LG C1:
HDMI 1, 3 & 4: Xbox, PC, Chromecast -> LG C1 -> Samsung K450 sound bar via eARC channel
HDMI 2: Nintendo Switch -> Samsung K450 sound bar -> LG C1

I have no audio issues with HDMI input 1, 3 & 4.

On HDMI 2 however, the picture from the Switch goes to the TV, but no audio comes out of the sound bar. If I power on the Switch, the TV changes to HDMI 2 and the sound bar changes inputs from D.In (ARC) to HDMI. If I change the C1's input to another source, the sound bar changes back to D.In (ARC). While on HDMI 2, the sound bar will go to sleep after a couple of minutes, I'm assuming because it does have any audio going to it.

Any ideas on a fix?

next010

Distinguished Member
Is the Switch set to stereo audio output ?

Switch I think can only do PCM 5.1 which your sound bar may not support.

The input cycling sounds correct, it should switch to HDMI on sound bar when using Switch and back to ARC for everything else.
Your TV's sound settings should be for regular ARC
eARC = disabled
Digital Sound Output = Auto
HDMI input format - bitstream

Any of the 4K 60Hz HDR switches like this will work if you want to the share the input with xbox or pc and the switch, that way you bypass the sound bar input.

KStu51

Novice Member
Is the Switch set to stereo audio output ?

Switch I think can only do PCM 5.1 which your sound bar may not support.

The input cycling sounds correct, it should switch to HDMI on sound bar when using Switch and back to ARC for everything else.
Your TV's sound settings should be for regular ARC
eARC = disabled
Digital Sound Output = Auto
HDMI input format - bitstream

Any of the 4K 60Hz HDR switches like this will work if you want to the share the input with xbox or pc and the switch, that way you bypass the sound bar input.
Tried eARC enabled and disabled, nothing changed. The Switch can do stereo or 5.1, didn't seem to matter. Tried another source on the same input into the sound bar and it also didn't work.

Pretty annoying since it worked fine a month ago when I first set everything up. Seems like a weird feature to just stop working. Would be nice to know if it's an issue with the tv or the sound bar.

next010

Distinguished Member
Tried eARC enabled and disabled, nothing changed. The Switch can do stereo or 5.1, didn't seem to matter. Tried another source on the same input into the sound bar and it also didn't work.

Pretty annoying since it worked fine a month ago when I first set everything up. Seems like a weird feature to just stop working. Would be nice to know if it's an issue with the tv or the sound bar.

If it was working before as a long shot try unplugging both the TV and sound bar from power so no standby is still active.

Give it a few minutes then plug the TV and soundbar back into power and get them up and running again, see if that clears it, some times strange CEC bugs can persist in devices without a full power cycle.

Beyond that I'd check any other device connected to the soundbar HDMI input, if nothing is working then maybe the input is actually damaged, you could try the bar on another input on the TV as well just to be sure it isnt HDMI2 on the TV.

KStu51

Novice Member
If it was working before as a long shot try unplugging both the TV and sound bar from power so no standby is still active.

Give it a few minutes then plug the TV and soundbar back into power and get them up and running again, see if that clears it, some times strange CEC bugs can persist in devices without a full power cycle.

Beyond that I'd check any other device connected to the soundbar HDMI input, if nothing is working then maybe the input is actually damaged, you could try the bar on another input on the TV as well just to be sure it isnt HDMI2 on the TV.
Unplugging them both worked. Thanks a lot! What a weird bug.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom