LG C1 HDMI Question

Desperotto

1. I have a new LG C1 with DirecTV connected to HDMI1. The label shows "Set-Top Box" and is not editable. If I unplug HDMI1, I can edit the input choose an icon, and set the description to "DirecTV." When I plug DirecTV back in, the input reverts to "Set-Top Box" Is this a "feature?" Has anyone found a workaround?

2. The TV's audio output is set to the Optical output. It's connected to a Yamaha receiver, which the C1 recognizes only as a Yamaha Soundbar. So, when the C1 powers up, it turns the TV speaker back on. (because it thinks it's feeding a soundbar, apparently). If I remove the Yamaha connection from the input menu, it will no longer turn on the speaker, but it also will no longer turn on my receiver. Any suggestions?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does your Yamaha receiver have HDMI ARC, if it does connect it to the HDMI ARC socket on the TV and remove the optical.

Desperotto

Wow, took me a while to figure out which were the matching ARC input/outputs on the Receiver/TV, but now it's working like a charm. Turn off TV, receiver turns off. Turn on TV, receiver turns back on. Even solved the HDMI labelling issue on the TV. Thanx a bunch, @JayCee

Desperotto

ARC resolved all my issues, including the labelling of HDMI ports. It's definitely the way to go. Forget the optical audio output.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom