LG C1 glare and burn in

tuckerdognc

Novice Member
I'm trying to decide on getting the LG C1 or Samsung N90A. Here's my question for LG C1 people: I read about "Glare" and the reflective screen. Is this a problem if you are watching tv at night and you have lamps directly across from the tv? I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma that I want to "just simply" upgrade to a 65" and the choices and info is maddening. I'm almost sold on not worrying about the burn in since that never happened with Plasma, but we pay the "big bucks" to keep cable for the DVRs an to skip commercials. We often will pause a tennis match, for example, 30 minutes to get past commercials and zip thru the match. Plus, as you know, they can last 4 or more hours with the little logo in the corner. Is this a real issue?
Glare and Burn in.

During the day there is a window very near the tv and at an angle, 45 degrees. There are times we pull the curtain if necessary but it's very rare. However, if the screen is that reflective, aren't we just going to see a curtain with light coming in it?

I wish I could just purchase $1600 tvs on a whim... but, for example, the Plasma is 13 yrs old and it's been great. Just want a bigger screen... can you help?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom