LG C1 - did it solve older issues?

Hey, I'm on a 55 inch B7 that I bough ca. 4 years ago and I do have a couple of issues with it, so I'm thinking of upgrading, but don't want to get disappointed. Can you help me by letting me know if the following issues were fixed since?
  • The most important: Did the dim Game Mode issue get fixed? Unfortunately on the B7 when I switch to Game Mode in HDR, the image gets considerably dimmer. Switching to Standard mode solves this but adds input lag.
  • Due to smaller red OLED pixels, ca. a quarter of my pixels are dying already, giving a greenish hue to the image in the center. Did this issue get resolved since, or can I still expect the C1 to get faulty after a few years of (intensive) usage?
  • What kind of audio can this model pass through? I have an issue with my PS4/5 where I have to choose between lower image quality (YUV420), because simple HDMI couldn't handle both high quality audio and 4K HDR (I use a soundbar with ARC, no eARC. If I use PS5->HDMI IN->Soundbar, I can't use YUV422/RGB, if I use PS5->Soundbar->HDMI IN I can't use 7.1 surround sound due to HDMI limitations). Will this still be the case on the C1? If the issue is ARC, would eARC be able to handle both 7.1 lossless audio and 4K HDR at 60/120 fps? What are the new limitations here?
Thank you! I'd rather not be disappointed in this again after buying.

next010

Distinguished Member
Dim game mode HDR - yes fixed on 8 series onwards.

Burn in management - its better on newest models along with a number of features not present on the 7 series but ABL (auto brightness limiter) is more aggressive.

Without knowing what counts as intensive usage I can only guess that it might fair a bit better. Try not to push the OLED light level to high if watching a lot of SDR content keep it below 40/50. Set devices to adaptive SDR/HDR rather than force HDR for everything as HDR maxes out OLED light.

Audio pass-through
ARC - PCM 2.0, Dolby 5.1, Dolby+ 5.1.2 Atmos.
eARC - PCM 7.1, Dolby 5.1, Dolby+ 5..1.2 Atmos, Dolby TrueHD Atmos 7.1, Dolby MAT (PCM Atmos).

There is an eARC adapter for older sound systems called the Sharc, that will allow passing PCM 5.1/7.1 to sound systems that support it.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom