LG C1 audio sync issue

Sotiris

Novice Member
Yep, I’ve got exactly the same settings, except my ATV is plugged into the Media Player HDMI port, and yes my C1’s audio is set to bypass.

This is reassuring to know. Let’s hope fingers crossed that when my replacement arrives, the updated chipset also fixes the problem, though they never stated it would. I’ll report back in a couple of weeks (assuming I can get it back that soon).

Do you have auto lip sync on the LG or Denon enabled? They’re enabled by default but do sod all in my case.

EA666

Yep, I’ve got exactly the same settings, except my ATV is plugged into the Media Player HDMI port, and yes my C1’s audio is set to bypass.

This is reassuring to know. Let’s hope fingers crossed that when my replacement arrives, the updated chipset also fixes the problem, though they never stated it would. I’ll report back in a couple of weeks (assuming I can get it back that soon).

Do you have auto lip sync on the LG or Denon enabled? They’re enabled by default but do sod all in my case.
I'm out at the moment but will take pictures of my settings and forward them on here. Hopefully when the revised amp arrives it should be plain sailing...... I've been waiting since July for this amp.

Sotiris

Novice Member
Thank you so much!
I bought mine August, but it was an old batch (pre-August 2021), which had the bug/compatibility issue. Serial number has to be over 70001 according to Denon.

EA666

I've been playing around with different connection methods using the C1, 3700 and ATV and for me what works the best is to connect the ATV directly to the C1 and the panasonic bluray directly to the 3700. When the ATV is connected to the 3700 it works and there no lip sync issue just that it annoys me when it take a few second for the home screen or content to appear. When the ATV is connected to the C1 the home screen and playing contect is displayed instanly without any delays. It also pass through ATMOS and is displayed on the 3700 display.

With the panasonic Bluray connected via the C1 the 3700 is unable to pick up DTS audio formats so this would need a direct connection to the 3700.

Apart from that everying works flawlessly no issues or complaints.

hope that helps

Sotiris

Novice Member
That’s good to know that your setup doesn’t have any lip sync issues. I still haven’t heard when my replacement AVR is arriving, but when it does I’ll make sure everything is up to date and report back on the audio sync.

If I come across a fix for the no signal image thing, I’ll let you know. I prefer to use the AVR as the HDMI switcher, so ideally I‘ll have everything going into that first and then into the C1.

Thanks for the help

Sotiris

Novice Member
So, i spoke to my AV dealer and he can no longer get me the X3700H until May 2022 because Sound United are prioritising all orders to Richer Sounds.

Anyway, I tried watching a few movies with the internal speakers of the TV and wired headphones to the TV, and even now I am getting lip sync issues!! There is no AVR in the chain, and it’s still happening. It happens with some movies, and not with others. For example Airplane (4K Dolby Vision) it is spot on, but The Thing (4K HDR), the audio is almost 1 second before the picture! I’m going mad.

Can you kindly share your Apple TV settings under the Video and Audio part and then your sound options on the TV and I’ll see if that eliminates the problem. Also, how are you testing the audio? Are you playing films purchased on iTunes?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom