LG C1 audio out options

Briandu

Novice Member
Newb here. Thinking about getting a LG C1. I have an older Sony receiver that has component inputs. Is there a way to get sound from the C1 to the receiver?
Thanks

It has an spdif (optical) out, eARC (hdmi audio send) and a stereo line out via 3.5 mm jack.

So it the only analogue outs is has are stereo via the jack, you could connect that to dual RCA/phono on your receiver using a suitable conversion cable. If your receiver has an optical input you could use that as well although I have yet to get any 5.1 surround mode working myself doing this.

I have ended up using a hdmi audio extractor widget off amazon, which connects between my firestick and the TV) to get 5.1 (via optical) into my old Marantz receiver.

Briandu

Novice Member
Thanks for the info. Do you have any audio lag with your setup?

If going with the headphone route, does plugging to the headphone jack automatically turn off the TV speakers?

I have an older Sony receiver that has component inputs. Is there a way to get sound from the C1 to the receiver?
What's the Sony AVR's model number?

The 3.5 mm is not, as far as I know a headphone out, its a constant level line out and plugging into it does not mute the TV. I think their assumption is that you would use bluetooth headphones.

Sony str-d565
No spdif input so 5.1 is a no go. Mind you I never got the spdif on the TV to pass 5.1 to my receiver anyway, best I got was pro logic.

Coming to the conclusion that the audio on the C1 is just best completely avoided i.e. extracting the audio by some means before it reaches the TV (which mean using an external video source of course, a fire TV in my case).

Sony str-d565
Wow... That's 'a blast from the past'...

I'm quite surprised any of those 1995 '2-channel' (input) 'Pro Logic' AVR's are still going ;)

str-d565grog.jpg

The C1's 3.5mm 'Line Out/Headphone' output port should work fine...

lg-c1-14.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom