LG C1 and Xbox One X

Dymblos

Standard Member
Hi guys

Recently I get this tv, 55"

But I'm a little confused about the config.- Xbox One X (not Series) with this HDMI Cable- Cinema Plus
The TV and the Xbox, both are update to their last firmware

71UroG8EMEL._SL1500_.jpg

According with the the review in rtings: LG C1 OLED Review (OLED48C1PUB, OLED55C1PUB, OLED65C1PUB, OLED77C1PUB, OLED83C1PUA)
"The LG C1 has a very low input lag as long as it's in 'Game Optimizer' mode. For low input lag with chroma 4:4:4, the input icon should be changed to 'PC'."

If I change the HDMI Icon name from Game to PC, this will enable 4:4:4, right?

1581008668293-png.1254816

According with this and using the Ciema Plus Cable, then there be no problem with 4K, 60hz, 4:4:4, RGB, 10Bits, right?

Is there any downside for Xbox One X, if I change the HDMI icon from Game to PC?

Can the Xbox One X output 4K, 60hz, 4:4:4, RGB, 10Bits?
Using a enhanced HDMI cable, like the Cinema Plus

This is from 2 year ago

"SDR at 4K at 8-bit = RGB 4:4:4 - this is the maximum limit of the HDMI 2.0 bandwidth in RGB.

HDR10 at 4K at 10-bit = YCC 4:2:0 - this is what Xbox converts it's internal RGB video into in order to output a 10-bit HDR signal.
YCC 4:4:2 = 12-bit SDR/HDR output in YCC on paper it's a little bit better than YCC 4:2:0 but really it's just equivalent to the above, mostly just a compatibility option for some HDR displays.
If you want to keep things RGB all the time with the exception of HDR10, set the display output to 8-bit and leave YCC 4:2:2 disabled, that will ensure 8-bit RGB is used and only when a HDR10 game is run will it switch to 10-bit YCC 4:2:0.
"
I think this person confirm that using a standard hdmi 2.0 cable

next010

Distinguished Member
If I change the HDMI Icon name from Game to PC, this will enable 4:4:4, right?
Yes.
According with this and using the Ciema Plus Cable, then there be no problem with 4K, 60hz, 4:4:4, RGB, 10Bits, right?
No, HDMI 2.0 does not have the bandwidth for RGB 444 10-bit HDR, it can do YCC 422 10-bit for HDR at 4K 60hz.

RGB 444 8-bit SDR is the maximum for 4K 60Hz with HDMI 2.0.
Is there any downside for Xbox One X, if I change the HDMI icon from Game to PC?
You really don't need to use the PC mode on the Xbox it matters more for PC's, LG does have quirks in its PC mode but there is no harm in trying it, if things look worse to you just turn it off.
Can the Xbox One X output 4K, 60hz, 4:4:4, RGB, 10Bits? Using a enhanced HDMI cable, like the Cinema Plus
No it is HDMI 2.0 only.

Only HDMI 2.1 can output RGB 10-bit at 4K.

Dymblos

Standard Member
hmm.. I understand a standard HDMI cable can't output RGB 4:4:4 10BIT HDR
But this Cinema Plus cable, can with 22.28 bandwidth
According with the table., you need a 20.05Gbps for that

Also, I have an HDMI 2.1 cable..

next010

Distinguished Member
hmm.. I understand a standard HDMI cable can't output RGB 4:4:4 10BIT HDR
But this Cinema Plus cable, can with 22.28 bandwidth
According with the table., you need a 20.05Gbps for that

Also, I have an HDMI 2.1 cable..
The port on the Xbox is HDMI 2.0 and does not go beyond that limitations I mentioned, it doesn't matter what cable you use it wont change the outcome.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Also, I have an HDMI 2.1 cable..' - HDMI cables are not categories using HDMI version numbering, instead cables can be 'Certified' (or non certified); HDMI Cables - Different Cable Types

As next010 points out you cannot 'upgrade' the cababilies of an Output or Input port by installing a new HDMI cable, the hardware manufacturer will determine what each Input/Output socket is capable of supporting.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom