LG C1 65 panel

bigtruck1

Novice Member
I have just bought the LG C1 65 inch OLED 2 days ago. I was just wondering if there was anyway of me finding out what panel would be on the tv without setting the tv up. Im obviously hoping that it has come with the Evo panel WBE and not the older WBC panel. I have it still boxed up put away as it’s for my house that’s getting renovated so I don’t want to set it up and take it out of the box untill I am moved in properley. Is there any information on the box at all that could put my mind at rest knowing it has the newer panel without setting the tv up. Thank you very much for anyone that helps and replies 👍🏻

AmesDP

No known way to tell without checking the factory settings menu. Certainly not from the unopened box. The best guideline would be date of manufacture and country of purchase. See if anyone else has received the Evo panel in that date range in your country.

But perhaps more realistic advice is to not worry about it. Reviewers generally said that they didn't see any significant difference in the G1 with the Evo panel in side-by-side comparison with the original C1 panel on most source material. Also LG has said that the C1 doesn't take advantage of the Evo panel in any case because it doesn't have the G1 firmware - it's just being used because a single manufacturing line for panels is more convenient. There is an unofficial/unapproved way to switch the C1 to use G1 panel mode on the factory settings menu, but of course you would need the factory remote, and this would void your warranty.

bigtruck1

Novice Member
No known way to tell without checking the factory settings menu. Certainly not from the unopened box. The best guideline would be date of manufacture and country of purchase. See if anyone else has received the Evo panel in that date range in your country.

But perhaps more realistic advice is to not worry about it. Reviewers generally said that they didn't see any significant difference in the G1 with the Evo panel in side-by-side comparison with the original C1 panel on most source material. Also LG has said that the C1 doesn't take advantage of the Evo panel in any case because it doesn't have the G1 firmware - it's just being used because a single manufacturing line for panels is more convenient. There is an unofficial/unapproved way to switch the C1 to use G1 panel mode on the factory settings menu, but of course you would need the factory remote, and this would void your warranty.

Thanks for your reply mate really appreciate it. From what I’ve read it looks 50/50 on people getting the newer and the older panel in England. I was hoping by November that most of the tvs would all have the new panel by now. Im tempted to open it and have a look but then I don’t think the shop would take it back with an excuse of it’s got the older panel. Think I will just keep the 1 I have and just hope for the best when I do move in to my house and set it all up. I know there isn’t really any different but I have read that the evo panel is a lot more safer from burn in the reason they offer a 5 year warranty on the G1 so was hoping on getting the evo panel if it was possible. Yes I wouldn’t bother messing around with settings to change it to the G1 not worth the risk in my opinion but I would feel better about my purchase if it had the new panel. Thanks again for the reply mate I really appreciate it 👍🏻

bluethunder

Standard Member
I think the main advantage of getting an Evo panel on the C1 is it longevity?

A panel spec'ed to go to G1 levels, but only allowed go to C1 levels reducing stress on the panel and therefore extending it life with less issues?

bigtruck1

Novice Member
That’s exactly it bluethunder couldn’t have put it any better myself. I’d be a lot happier knowing I had the evo panel in my oled so it last longer and knowing there will be less chance of burn in on the screen in the future. I can’t wait to set it up and watch it I’ve heard there incredible to watch 👌🏻

Griffith400

That’s exactly it bluethunder couldn’t have put it any better myself. I’d be a lot happier knowing I had the evo panel in my oled so it last longer and knowing there will be less chance of burn in on the screen in the future. I can’t wait to set it up and watch it I’ve heard there incredible to watch 👌🏻
Did you find out what panel you had BigTruck1?

I’m considering a purchase and being lucky with an Evo panel and helping reduce the risk of screen burn issues in the future would be a great result.

Steve.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom