LG C1 55" or 65" @ 3.8m/12 feet

macbain

There is a big deal on both these tv's right now and I don't know which to buy. Generally speaking I've always chosen a bit smaller tv then recommended since I have it on all the time even when I'm working the tv is on in the background :). Now I have an LG CX 48" and like it a lot, but I have the ability to move the chair so I can choose any distance.
Now I'm moving to a new apartment on the 15 of December and need a new tv since it's a bigger room and I will have a couch, not a chair I can move easily.
From the wall where the tv will be to the opposite wall the distance is 3.8m/12 feet. The ceiling is also higher at 3.02m/10 feet.
I use it for all kinds of content, regular tv, 4k movies and of course PS5 and Xbox Series X gaming.

Would the 65" be the best option here?

Ps. I made a cardboard cutout of the size and it looked ENORMOUS, will I get use to this over time?

Dodgexander

3.2ft from my 65 and sometimes closer. You're viewing distance I wouldn't hesitate to say a projector size screen would be fine. We move the couch back and forth, usually back if we watch lower quality material like regular TV and forward for games and movies.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom