LG C1 48" Blue - Pink Tint

Mine is exactly the same as this
Are you keeping it or going for a replacement? Would you mind providing a photo, please?

I thought I could live with the tint but I can't. I'm seeing it in football, where the pitch looks a different colour on the left opposed to the right. Seeing it in numerous other locations, also. Plus, I changed the theme on the Xbox from dark to light and it was immediately apparent. LG are phoning me back to tomorrow to discuss a solution as I've asked them to directly send me a replacement. I'll try one more panel but if it's the same then I'm getting a refund and will stick to my old LCD screen for now. Never had an ounce of issue with that old TV.

I went to Curry's today to look at one in store and speak to an LG representative. I showed him photos of both panels and he immediately said they're faulty. I asked him to load the Google homepage on one of their C1's and it was absolutely fine. Photo included.

This is absolutely insane how so many are getting through their quality control with this issue. It's completely taken the enjoyment of buying a new TV.

Attachments

• 20220220_121348.jpg
    20220220_121348.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 630
Are you keeping it or going for a replacement? Would you mind providing a photo, please?

I thought I could live with the tint but I can't. I'm seeing it in football, where the pitch looks a different colour on the left opposed to the right. Seeing it in numerous other locations, also. Plus, I changed the theme on the Xbox from dark to light and it was immediately apparent. LG are phoning me back to tomorrow to discuss a solution as I've asked them to directly send me a replacement. I'll try one more panel but if it's the same then I'm getting a refund and will stick to my old LCD screen for now. Never had an ounce of issue with that old TV.

I went to Curry's today to look at one in store and speak to an LG representative. I showed him photos of both panels and he immediately said they're faulty. I asked him to load the Google homepage on one of their C1's and it was absolutely fine. Photo included.

This is absolutely insane how so many are getting through their quality control with this issue. It's completely taken the enjoyment of buying a new TV.
I'm going to phone Richer Sounds tomorrow and ask for it to be replaced..
I took a photo but you can't really make it out. It looks exactly the same as the photo you posted on Thursday.

I'm going to phone Richer Sounds tomorrow and ask for it to be replaced..
I took a photo but you can't really make it out. It looks exactly the same as the photo you posted on Thursday.
Let me know how you get on, mate. 👍 Best of luck.

I’ve got this exact same issue on a brand new C1 65 (02/2022 build). LG asked me to go on a yellow screen to see if I could and it looked horrible.

RS won’t do another replacement, gutted as I got the tv for £1401. So going to wait for a G1 now

Attachments

• 94C0071B-33A3-403B-86DF-AC0A4F6A2E42.jpeg
    94C0071B-33A3-403B-86DF-AC0A4F6A2E42.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 488
  • AF3FD588-B8A3-4E06-BDB2-9212108104CB.jpeg
    AF3FD588-B8A3-4E06-BDB2-9212108104CB.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 452
  • C9F54F44-B1A5-4EAC-BF11-F004D079F87C.jpeg
    C9F54F44-B1A5-4EAC-BF11-F004D079F87C.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 513
So is tint caused by some sort of filter LG are using? And if so, do all OLEDs suffer with this?

Want to get my first OLED but it's so off putting reading about how many sets some are going through to find one that's acceptable.

I’ve got this exact same issue on a brand new C1 65 (02/2022 build). LG asked me to go on a yellow screen to see if I could and it looked horrible.

RS won’t do another replacement, gutted as I got the tv for £1401. So going to wait for a G1 now
I feel for you, mate. Mine looks pretty much like that in the yellow also. I got mine for £840, which is around £260 less than the TV is currently listed for. I've decided against a third screen and will take the 2nd panel back this week for a full refund. I'm done with it. Might try again in a couple of years but for now will use my old LCD TV. At least it's uniform.

Last edited:
So is tint caused by some sort of filter LG are using? And if so, do all OLEDs suffer with this?

Want to get my first OLED but it's so off putting reading about how many sets some are going through to find one that's acceptable.
My advice, stay well away. It's been so stressful the last couple of weeks. All this energy over a sodding TV. I'm convinced that all recent builds of the C1 suffer from this issue in some form or another. And if I'm honest with myself, the TV hasn't really wowed me. I'd say some HDR content looks impressive but the refund will soon make me forget about that.

Spoken with LG today. They say the tints are within their tolerance but then say they can offer a repair but I won't know if it's better until I receive it back. They completely contradict themselves. He did admit that it's a lottery though and the uniformity is a limitation of their technology, which is just unacceptable in my opinion. If more people returned their TV's it might make LG improve their QC.

Taking the TV back Wednesday to get a full refund and might pick up a cheaper LED for now as I'll have lower expectations for that and might even be pleasantly surprised. 👍

My advice, stay well away. It's been so stressful the last couple of weeks. All this energy over a sodding TV. I'm convinced that all recent builds of the C1 suffer from this issue in some form or another. And if I'm honest with myself, the TV hasn't really wowed me. I'd say some HDR content looks impressive but the refund will soon make me forget about that.
Having returned 5 TVs myself last year I feel your pain. I really don't want to go through all that again.
I too am thinking about picking up a cheap TV for now and seeing if the new 22 models are any better. Issues like this should not be a thing on 1K+ TVs.

Having returned 5 TVs myself last year I feel your pain. I really don't want to go through all that again.
I too am thinking about picking up a cheap TV for now and seeing if the new 22 models are any better. Issues like this should not be a thing on 1K+ TVs.
5...wow. I could've quite easily fallen into that trap myself but enough is enough. I completely agree, when you're paying that sort of money for a TV you expect quality. I doubt the newer models will be any better. I probably won't revisit OLED for another 5 years at least tbh.

5...wow. I could've quite easily fallen into that trap myself but enough is enough. I completely agree, when you're paying that sort of money for a TV you expect quality. I doubt the newer models will be any better. I probably won't revisit OLED for another 5 years at least tbh.
Yep TV 1 wasn't the model I ordered so that went back. TV 2&3 had DSE and 4&5 came from a faulty batch that had like an imprint bedded horizontally into the screen. Zero luck with TVs so far.

Thats disappointing if the newer models can't improve on this. Hopefully Sonys new mini-led will be something special 🤞.

Almost all new build C1s I’ve seen have this green - red - green tint it moves with you it’s almost certainly the AR filter. If it was a uniformity issue each tv would look different but it’s the exact same pattern.

The old AR filter was most likely causing the grid and this replacement is their current solution. I’ve seen none of the tvs with this tint pattern also have grid

It’s a shame there is no LG rep on here to tell us if this is normal or if the AR filter has been applied wrong on a large batch of current tvs.

I picked up a 43inch Samsung, deliberately went full led backlit to help with uniformity, DSE everywhere....

It is a nightmare which is a shame.

I picked up a 43inch Samsung, deliberately went full led backlit to help with uniformity, DSE everywhere....

It is a nightmare which is a shame.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting next tbh. However, it costs a lot less so won't annoy me nowhere near as much. 🤣 Just out of curiousity, which model did you get? I've been looking at the AU9000.

Yeah, that's what I was expecting next tbh. However, it costs a lot less so won't annoy me nowhere near as much. 🤣 Just out of curiousity, which model did you get? I've been looking at the AU9000.
I went for the AU7100 as the AU8000 and AU9000 are both edgelit. It's got a VA panel so nice contrast but just a fair bit of DSE which only shows up in some games and content but when it does it's pretty bad.

Dse is why I had to move to oled, it makes stuff like football awful a lot of the time
I just hope when I get a 42inch or 48inch OLED that it is an improvement in that regard. Strangely it's stuff like Zelda that look the worst with the dull greens.

Hi have had three g2's 55inch and a three had the same issue, a pink tint running horizontally at the very bottom of the panel about 2 inches deep, seems worse to the right.
This is facing head on not on an angle, however if I stand up and look downwards at the panel it goes away, so suspect AR filter as well, all three exhibited the exact same issue.
I spoke to LG, and they said they are definitely aware of the issue and cannot support anyone raising this pink tint issue until they release a software fix ?? Until then I got told to hold tight.
I asked when should we get a fix...don't know....
So after Christmas if its not resolved will call LG for a repair...maybe the wbe panels they send for repair gave better qc?
I just can't see how software will fix the fundamental issue of the AR filter ?

Hi have had three g2's 55inch and a three had the same issue, a pink tint running horizontally at the very bottom of the panel about 2 inches deep, seems worse to the right.
This is facing head on not on an angle, however if I stand up and look downwards at the panel it goes away, so suspect AR filter as well, all three exhibited the exact same issue.
I spoke to LG, and they said they are definitely aware of the issue and cannot support anyone raising this pink tint issue until they release a software fix ?? Until then I got told to hold tight.
I asked when should we get a fix...don't know....
So after Christmas if its not resolved will call LG for a repair...maybe the wbe panels they send for repair gave better qc?
I just can't see how software will fix the fundamental issue of the AR filter ?
A software update fixing this sounds like BS to me. Got a C2 and have pink tint all along the left edge, and also another fainter band near the left edge. LG in my country do not recognize it as a defect. It's been a few weeks and I'm still always looking for it in different scenes and it ruins the enjoyment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom