LG BX580 Now Available!

Well i like this 3D Bluray player just because it supports MKV, does the sony S770 not in their info, does the Panasonic DMP-BDT300 not in their info .... whats the point of have DLNA and USB support if you cannot stream or plug in the most widely used HD compression format on the internet ...DUH!

I think this is LG slapping the other companies round the head and telling them to wake up.

seen it for 205 UK Pounds aswell

...... does the sony S770 not in their info....
:facepalm:

It seems via other sources the S770 does support MKV but the Sony site directly doesn`t say this, coming out in August this does seem the better bet at 250-ish UK Pounds.

Last edited:
If you want a bluray player with DNLA and mkv support the cheaper LG players like the BD350, BD390, BD560 etc support both of these. They don't support bluray 3d and some don't have wifi.

Some reviews are starting to appear for the BX580,LG BX580 review | T3.com

LG BX580: CONCLUSION

DVDs are upscaled accurately enough and it does a decent job of playing CDs and MP3s too. And the thing that ties it all together so well is the intuitive UI. In short, this will make a fine partner for your flashy new 3D TV, but you can find more polished performers for this money from the rival brands like the Panasonic DMP-BDT300 and Sony BDP-S470.

Last edited:
I've just bought one of these and, after a quick play, I've been quite impressed. Although the YouTube thing is a bit of a gimmick as it's such an effort using a remote when you're used to a qwerty keyboard! :D

I went with a pre-order for the Sony BDP-S770 in the end because of the deal Comet was doing ie only £219 inc free delivery(so you save 60 quid) ,plus the VAT cashback Sony are offering so getting it for less then £190 so a real bargain.

I should be receiving mine on the 3rd Dec.

Looks like the web sale for £219 has now finished Buy SONY BDPS770B.CEK | 3D BLU-RAY PLAYER - Blu-ray Players | Comet ,so just as well I got my order in :).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom