LG BX 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

Joe C

Joe C

jizzlejimbo

Bit of a strange question to ask to be fair lol,never heard anyone mention how long can you leave it standby.

It's like my dad turning the WiFi router off at night when I was a kid.

tigertanaka

Novice Member
I have this tv since a couple of months and to be honest I do regret buying this. Yes, it is a good tv for those who don't want surround sound or only use it for streaming. In my case the BX has given me a lot of stress, to a a degree that it has almost destroyed my passion for films. I wanted to use this tv as part of my home cinema, paired with a Marantz 1711. Sadly I could never get it to work correctly and have heavy lip synch issues. The lip synch issue depends from source to source (uhd player, ps4, xbox one) and movie to movie so I was not able to fix it. The only thing I could do was use earc and sadly this is not a solution since LG decided to stop all the support for dts, even dts passthrough. So i need to pick between earc (no lip synch issues, no dts) or no earc (dts, heavy lip synch that cannot be fixed on tv or reciever) It's a surreal shame that I paid so much money in 2020 for a tv with so many issues. My advice: if you want to use your tv with a soundbar or a surround system or you want to be able to play dts content don't get this or any other LG tv!

edit : any other recent LG tv

Last edited:

Joe C

I have this tv since a couple of months and to be honest I do regret buying this. Yes, it is a good tv for those who don't want surround sound or only use it for streaming. In my case the BX has given me a lot of stress, to a a degree that it has almost destroyed my passion for films. I wanted to use this tv as part of my home cinema, paired with a Marantz 1711. Sadly I could never get it to work correctly and have heavy lip synch issues. The lip synch issue depends from source to source (uhd player, ps4, xbox one) and movie to movie so I was not able to fix it. The only thing I could do was use earc and sadly this is not a solution since LG decided to stop all the support for dts, even dts passthrough. So i need to pick between earc (no lip synch issues, no dts) or no earc (dts, heavy lip synch that cannot be fixed on tv or reciever) It's a surreal shame that I paid so much money in 2020 for a tv with so many issues. My advice: if you want to use your tv with a soundbar or a surround system or you want to be able to play dts content don't get this or any other LG tv!

I thought these TV’s just don’t decode DTS anymore - shouldn’t affect pass-through

Joe C

Wow! That’s terrible!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom