LG bh6430p Home cinema help!

Does all LG HT are having issue with main board?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• LG sucks

• Total voters

pawel7441

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you give me an advice regarding his product.

I have seem to have a problem when starting up player it’s says “please wait” and it doesn’t work any more that showing this two words. I found out what is the problem (main board) and the cost in service to repair it it’s around 100/180£ with doesn’t seem fair to pay that much for old speakers to work I think? Personally I think it’s a very good sound system (it’s my girlfriends) so she would like to keep speakers if possible and maybe change only the player unit (amplifier), can you do that? Can we buy on eBay a bit newer model (as its hard to get exactly the same model) or even different made and plug the speakers into it and it would work? If yes what I need to pay attention to? How to choose what would you recommend in this situation? Please help! Thank you!

If you need any more details let me know! Thanks!

Attachments

• 41B0979D-1E68-4942-AFF2-9F34FE0D45FC.jpeg
    41B0979D-1E68-4942-AFF2-9F34FE0D45FC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
Bit of a dilema you're in. You could possibly use an entry level receiver and standalone blu ray player and use the existing speakers providing that the ohm loading on them is not below 4. It should tell you on the label attached to the speakers. The sub would also have to be replaced as it is passive and receivers need a powered (active) sub.

The cost then, if you could indeed use the speakers is not inconsiderable for a new player, receiver and sub. Balance that against the repair cost and see if it is worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom