• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG BE12LU30 not reading Blue Ray Disks

litemeup

Standard Member
I just got this drive, I installed the software that came with it, it will play a standard DVD, but not a Blue Ray. I also tried Power DVD 11, Arc soft Total Media Theater Extreme, and Corel Win DVD Plus, the results were all the same, fine for a DVD but not for a Blue Ray. When I open the Blue Ray Drive it says, "No disk in drive E". I called LG twice they were no help at all. Anybody have any suggestions, at this point I am ready to return it and try a different one. I tried it on both my desktop and my laptop, same thing on both. I am running Windows 7 on both machines.
Please help, Thanks

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I think your question is to do with computer optical drives. This forum is for set top DVD and Blu Ray recorders. You will have more luck if you ask a moderator to move this thread to the relevant forum.

Gavtech

Administrator
Moving to an appropriate section... but I will remark that LG drives often appear to have issues of one kind or another.

Pioneer drives are the least problematic. - [ ...according to a supplier who gets fewest returns and issues from that type]

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
LG Blu Ray drives are the best but it looks like the blu ray laser has stopped working so it needs to be sent back.

I have had mutiple LG and BD drives and never had a problem myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom