LG BD560 Blu-ray Player Owners Thread

SoundVision

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Here is a link showing the LG Bluray Player, from the LG site-
LG BD560 Video Player - Blu-ray player - LG Electronics UK

Hi,
I have bought this player & it seems to have been missed out on here.
It is a great player, it's quiet as it has no fan so thats a bonus.
Start up times are quick, just the same as a dvd player.
I can play my WAV music files & movie files from the USB port.
I use my Chord analogue stereo leads going form this player to my receiver for listening to music that is on the hard drive plugged into the USB port & it sounds great, a very comfortable listen, no fatigue at all.
Bluray picture & sound play back is great. It does a good job at Dvd upscale too.
Managed to find & buy mine for 99 pound online.

Manufacturer's Description
LG Blu-ray player featuring Netcast
Stream YouTube videos, Picasa and AccuWeather.
using LG Netcast.
USB
Plug in an external Hard Disc Drive
Connect an external Hard Disc Drive (HDD) and playback the compatible videos, music and photos found on the drive via the LG player to the TV.
BD-Live
Stream or download bonus content from Blu-ray movies featuring the BD Live logo. Extra content can include deleted scenes, games, trivia, photos and much more.
1080P upscaling
DVD or Blu-ray players featuring 1080P up scaling can improve the picture quality of a Standard Definition (SD) DVD to that of Full High Definition (FHD) 1080P picture by using the HDMI connection and filling in the missing details. For the ultimate picture, a Blu-ray disc will provide all the detailed picture quality without the need for picture to be up scaled.

Last edited:
I am thinking of getting this player and selling my PS3 as the fan noise does my head in on it. Does this play mkv files ok?

I think I will take a chance and buy this the spec sounds very good for the money. The NTFS and MKV support clinched it for me :)

Where did you get it for £99?

Last edited:
Hi, yeah thats mainly why I bought this player, being able to plug my 320gb NTFS hard drive into the USB port & play my WAV music files,which sound really good through my stereo leads into the Denon receiver.
I like the pull down flaps as well they help with keeping a bit of dust away from the USB port, disc tray.
I got mine from RGB Direct, it came really quickly I ordered it in the evening & it was here the next day.
Here is the link
http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=110241&Model=LG-BD560

Last edited:
MKV will will only output in 50hz Pal mainly.

So if you... ahem.... 'acquire' USA TV shows in NTSC (60hz) then they stay in PAL and look awful and judder.

I found that most 30 minute shows by usb hard drive/pen drive did sometimes switch to NTSC, but 1hr (42 min) didn't switch.

Perhaps you could put up with that, but I couldn't.
If you can't tell the difference,(go to specsavers now! ..only joking!) look closely as the lips move and you will see the judder or look at outline of people.

I tried:
DVD data disc.
USB pen drive formatted to FAT then Fat32 Then NTFS.
Memory Card in USB Card Reader formatted to FAT then Fat32 Then NTFS.
All didn't handle NTSC MKV's properly.

This was a major reason why I purchased this player and so FOR ME was a major flaw.
So I returned it for a refund.

LG couldn't say if it would be fixed or not.

What player did you end up swapping it for mate?

batteries, can you try with a different tv please. Does your tv support 24fps?

Could someone take a photo of the rear of the player please, i wanna see what connectors there are, their locations and how close they are to other connectors.

Thanks.

Hi, I did not go on the LG site to download my LG BD560 Bluray players software. I just plugged the player into the Ethernet & went into the settings & downloaded the latest software, the player does it quite quickly took about a minute.

The software on my Bluray player says
MAIN VER BD831244C SERVO VER H80591(H08SAN)

I have not had any problems with this Bluray player it has played all the BD discs I have loaded into the player.

Last edited:
Hello guys

Totally unhappy with LG BD-570.I am facing the same problems with juddering as you mentioned before.In every title i am having small sound interuptions especially with Blu ray titles with DTS-HD MA.We should do press LG to solve these issues ASAP.If someone finds a workaround please to share it with us.

What's the length of your HDMI cable? More than 5 meters generally causes the problems you have described. I would try another HDMI cable anyway.

Best regards, maris

Please can anyone with an LG BD560 try and see if it can play raw 1080p files from the Panasonic SD700/TM700 HD camcorder from a USB stick or networked PC. Several sample raw files can be downloaded from

http://hdcam.web-pda.info/

Suggest trying

http://hdcam.web-pda.info/PanasonicSD700_SuperThaiFan/00016.MTS a video I took at the Thai Food Festival, Battersea Park a few weeks ago, or

http://hdcam.web-pda.info/60p-orsche - 10643698 - 18470335.mts a really nice video a US TM700 owner took of a Porsche.

The raw mts files at 1080p are a pig to play back on PCs - so I'd like to see if any Blu-Ray players can handle these files.

BTW you might be surprised at the breathtaking quality of consumer HD camcorders these days!

Cheers,
Gussie :)

Hello!

I have recently purchased the lg560. I have a slight sync problem with the sound and image with divx files, the image coming slightly before the sound. I have tried playing various files from usb or disc, but nothing does it.
Any advice? Should I return the player to the store or will some updates eventually solve the issue?

Thanks!

you are better off emailing LG to log the issue, hopefully the next firmware update might fix it.

Hajj 3, I already called the lg service center but was just told to fiddle around with the sound options.

their phone support can't help you, you need to email LG and send them a link to the file so they can replicate the problem and fix it.

Ive just returned an onkyo to currys as it was a used item :mad: i got a refund i like the idea of this playing mkv files from a hard drive will it play 22gb size files etc?:smashin:

i'd assume so but there's no way to know without trying. Would depend on the bitrate i would have thought.

their phone support can't help you, you need to email LG and send them a link to the file so they can replicate the problem and fix it.

Well, it's not with one file in particular but with ALL .avi files. But I will e-mail LG and cross my fingers, so thanks a lot for the advice.

Can this player be made multiregion for dvd use ? i still have stacks of region1 films :confused: also does it have wireless built into it to connect to my router ? thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom