LG BD350 not working - advice please :)

Krank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have an LG BD350 that has given up the ghost. It is out of warranty and have no receipt so a return is out the question. Asking if there's any tips that may get it working again but if it's a hardware fault I may as well throw it in the bin as it only cost £50.

When I turn it on the LG loading screen comes up but as it moves to the home screen the screen goes blank and the lcd on the front of the player displays a rectangle. When a disc is put in it sounds like it's playing the disc but there's still no picture or sound.

Update 4/12/11:
When I put a disc in the counter starts but there is no picture or sound. When I eject the disc and close the tray I do get to the home screen. I've lowered the screen resolution setting from 1080i to 720p and have tried to update the firmware via usb stick. The LG recognises the USB drive but doesn't start the update procedure. I then tried to play an mp4 file via USB and it flashes a picture for a millisecond and then goes blank again.

Is there anyway to force an update or flash it?

Any thoughts or is it a gonner?

Last edited:
Any ideas? :rolleyes:

I've had another mess around with the LG. When I put a disc in the counter starts but there is no picture or sound. When I eject the disc and close the tray I do get to the home screen. I've lowered the screen resolution setting, with no joy, from 1080i to 720p and have tried to update the firmware via usb stick. The LG recognises the USB drive but doesn't start the update procedure. I then tried to play an mp4 file via USB and it flashes a picture for a millisecond and then goes blank again.

Is there anyway to force an update or flash it?

One last plea for help before it's consigned to the scrap yard. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom