1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Bashing, no need !

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ross-P, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The LG bashing going on is ridiculus and so is the Panasonic bias of this web site perhaps this site should be renamed the Panasonic owners club !.
    HELLO people there are other quality plasmas other than Panasonic !.

If you want a PROFESIONAL view on how good the LGRZ-42PX11 is rather than these people on this board who slag off a very very good budget TV ( yes some people on the forum are on a budget ! ) , check out -

Home Cinema Choice Issue 114 April 05 these Experts rated the LG as 4 out of 5 saying " there is no doubt in my mind that the RZ-42PX11 is frighteningly good value for money ", " its good news the RZ-42PX11's pictures rock ", and " if you are content with a screen that looks good with todays generation of DVD and digital TV sources, you'll find it difficult to justify spending more " .

Enough said please read proper reviews don't listen to so called "retailers" and "experts on here", My PX11 arvives on Tuesday.

2. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Tiny plasma got four out of five stars with a five out of five for value.Bought an LG have you? good for you and i hope your happy with it .you dont have to justify your purchase with me.(he he he)

3. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why go against most people on this forum who have gone down the panasonic route? Do you not think there might be a good reason for this? Or is it that we all like the name panasonic on our screens for showing off.I dont think so the general opinion you will find is that these screens are far better than most in this price range,And if I were you before you go bashing all of us
    with pannies maybe you should just wait until you get your screen and lets all have a laugh when your next post is why is the LG so cr@p. :nono:

4. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I think you will find alot of very happy Hitachi/Sony owners on here as well

I chose a Panny because it looked the best quality after Id demo lots of screens including the LGs.

Have you seen it runnig or just bought on a mag reveiw.

5. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look, it's certainly fair to say that Panasonic have been producing good plasmas for a lot longer than LG. So there is a large historical user base, and a lot of people that are getting them on recommendation.

But just because most people have Panasonic on this forum doesn't mean they are the only valid choice. So I don't get this "why go against most people" - we're all free to make our own choices.

6. RoanS

RoanS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather listen to the owners of the sets, rather than any commercial rag…..

7. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    sheety if you bothered to read my post properley I said there are other quality plasmas other than Panasonic so I was actually stating therefore a Panasonic IS a quality plasma derrrr!

I accect Panasonic is a good make, but what I don't like is people slagging off an equally good plasma which the LG is, i've seen both, my brother has a Panny. What I am saying is the world does not revolve around Panasonic there are other good options out there.

8. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hmm, well I have two LG DVD writers and a LG LCD display on the PC downstairs and despite rating these highly I personally wouldn't buy a LG plasma (I have a Panasonic PW5).

LG do make some good products, but from what I saw of LG plasma's 30 months or so ago when I bought my PW5 I wouldn't consider one. Likewise we have a Panasonic vaccuum cleaner at work and it's cr*p.

Rob.

9. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    i believe the panny must be good and that the tiny must be [innapropriate adjective removed-moderator] lol
    but i do find it irritating when people dismiss all other panels because its not a panny.
    when a someone does pipe up and say i didnt think the panny looked good, theres always tons of replies saying the likes of, get it callibrated, wait till u see it set up properly, put some time in setting it up etc. so you guys are obviously setting it up correct etc but for a laugh could one of you guys giv a panel like the lg the same time and work you give the panny then come back to us? thats fair aint it, u might even be satisfied with the quality once uv set it up properly ( i didnt want to push by sayig impressed lol)
    anyway play nice, were all after the same thing, some of us just choose different routes/manafacturers to get there

10. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree but why the original post then I ask you :eek:

11. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Personally I wouldn't say the LG is an equally as good Plasma as the Panasonic at all. But there you go.

I'm not a retailor, i've just compared the two and the Panasonic looks more impressive.

And for [swear word removed-moderator] sake man, professional opinion? That's one guys review, not a collective view on it. I'd go for the opinions on the forums any day over a review.

Read the board rules on swearing- forum moderator.

12. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'd rather go by a magazines review because they are professionals they look at tvs 24/7 they are not baised to one make. I wouldn't go by an owners opinon because they will always say the plasma they bought is the best.

13. BuzzLightyear

BuzzLightyear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Magazines not biased, yeah dream on.

14. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  15. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks sheety for that it got good reviews are you on drugs!

16. brackenlamb

brackenlamb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The LG (lucky goldstar) plasma tvs are not up to the quality of the panasonics,simple as that .
    This may change one day ,but to my eyes at this time the panasonic is the best plasma i can afford.

17. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    man you are in serious denial 6.2 avg out of 10 not decisive is it.I smell the fear of someone spending there hard earned money and are now trying to justify the purchase, and buy the way I dont need drugs for my screen to look good and just to point out I am not panasonic biased at all I just went with people who actually have them and are happy with them.i think you should maybe wait until your screen arrives and i hope you are happy with it cause at the end of the day if you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters just stear well clear of the tinys/goodmanns/hyundais and good luck with the lg hope it works out for you keep us all posted I think people would be interested in how you get on with it good luck. ;)

18. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That's because most of these people have compared them, and bought the one that looked the best.

Stop being ridiculous, magazines are biased. I think it was What Hifi, but they reviewed the Panasonic lower than pretty much all the other ones, and yet, hundreds of others have preferred the look of the panasonics over others? Behave. Reviewers are one persons opinion, if you will take that over hundreds of others, then you are a madman.

19. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks sheety I will let let you know what I think when I have the LG set up correctly, I've only seen the LG connected poorly in the shop, I saw a Sky picture and DVD and both looked good. Can't wait to see the screen in my house with decent scart leads I've bought.

This thread was not meant to cause any offence to Panny owners ! sorry if it has I agree Pannys are very good screens, Peace to all ! ;)

20. sheety

sheety
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good heated discussions are great gets the blood flowing :D and besides what do you do on GOOD FRIDAY :rotfl:

21. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah you are right there sheety! :thumbsup: but the weathers getting brighter now where I am gonna go for a walk with the dogs, been online for way too long ! :D

22. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scotty,

People have compared Panasonic with Hitachi and bought the Hitachi.
    People have compared Panasonic with Sony and bought the Sony.
    People have compared Panasonic with Pioneer and bought the Pioneer.
    And people have compared Panasonic to LG and bought the LG.

Now a lot of people have also done the comparisons and bought the Panasonic too. I'm not so sure I would say more people on this forum though - there is a significant number that come on here, ask what to buy, get told Panasonic and where from, and buy it without ever looking at the screens.

And if you want hundreds of opinions, then I'm pretty sure you could find hundreds of people in the UK that own Hitachi, Pioneer, LG, etc. panels, who would recommend the screen they own - they just aren't all on here doing it.

Whether you've got hundreds of people on a forum all saying one thing, or one 'professional' saying another, it's irrelevant. There are unknowns in all of it - did you calibrate each screen properly? Did you give them equal time? Did you look at that particular screen, or another one from the same manufacturer? etc.

When you are the one holding the purse strings, when it is you that has to live with your decision, if you think anyone else's opinion is more important than your own, *then* you're a madman.

23. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    opinions are like assholes , a wise man said one day.
    everybody has one.... :D

24. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the end of the day both magazines and forums should be used for guidance only and all opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt. Who knows what vested interests and biases are present.

The only way to do it is to use your own eyes and make up your own mind. You are the one who has to live with the purchase after all.

25. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    best bit of advice you could ever give someone!!!!!!

26. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I'd rather trust my own eyes :eek:

27. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Ive used a lot of LG products including a 30" LCD and a 22" LCD monitor as well as PC drives. Ive also seen a propely set up 42" plasma in an LG showroom and the picture was just as good as any other plasma ive seen.
    Still since they arent well know and even less liked, I see them getting lots of biased reviews. I think their products are good.

Personally i ended up getting a Fujitsu plsama as it had all the conections i needed and a good picture. If the LG plasma had the same conections I would have bought it instead.

At the end of the day you should get what suits your needs best. Regardless of brands and other peoples opinions.

28. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80

Spot ON !!!

I purchased a Panasonic from AV-Sales and returned it after three weeks - to my eyes it was flawed - not at first - took me a good two weeks viewing to realise the bad things. See my posts for the details

I still want a Plasma - but now I know what to look for!

I'll be checking out the new panels including the new Vieras, Samsungs and Fujitsus over the next few months - hopefully at AV-Sales's showroom and they will be the ONLY place I will purchase from.

If I had gone elsewhere - I would by now have been a very unhappy plasma owner!

Gussie :)

29. Enquirer

Enquirer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ross-P I bow to your 20 seconds of knowledge as a Plasma buyers guide expert.
    After reading your recommendation to read Home Cinema Magazines as you say..

“Enough said please read proper reviews don't listen to so called "retailers" and "experts on here", My PX11 arrives on Tuesday”

I re-read the Review of Tiny’s Focus 4200 in essential Hi-fi and home cinema “Initial impressions were excellent; not only does the set look fantastic with a brushed metal finish, but the remote control is equally well designed and the speakers have there own independent stands” it goes on “The DVD playback through either RGB Scart or component looks very good” and there’s more the professionals say “But watching a DVD the impression is that, for the price, this is a very effective display” The professionals cant say any more good can they? Well yes it goes on to say”this truly is a bargain”

Thank you for opening my eyes to the obvious bias here I shall place my order for a Tiny plasma straight away. I will feel anyone suggesting other wise is an evil retailer with Panasonic as there demon god. I will only believe Magazine reviews as I used to in the past .I have to go now as I need to record a film on my What TV? Award winning video 2000 Philips V.C.R .And will listen to my award winning DCC Tape player as I travel to my sisters house in the Design award winning Sinclair C5.

30. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Magazine journalist get paid 15K or so to write that lot, I won't demean myself by giving it a description. They are the wannabes of journalism, been to school, got the qualification. They are not professional AV people, they could just as well be writing for the local freebie that lands on your doormat and you use for lighting the fire, but they've got enough about them to have avoided that. Clearly not good enough to write for the Sun or the Daily Mail. Think I'll get Deirdre to write a plasma TV review.