• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG B9 HDMI Problem

9geordie9

Novice Member
Hi Guys
Got Sky Q box connected to LG B9. All has been working ok for a while but recently when I turn on the Sky Q box, the TV and soundbar would turn on also as normal but I dont get picture from Sky Q box and a message on TV to check input from set top box. I have to turn TV and Sky Q box off and turn Sky back on 3 or 4 times before i get a picture. I have tried different HDMI cables and different HDMI ports but no difference. Occasionally this also happens for Panasonic BluRay player aswell but by far happens more with the Sky Q box.
Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone have a fix?
Cheers

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Check the cabling, power cycle everything, check for latest firmware, but it sounds like you might have an HDMI port problem. Try swapping the connections around (with power removed) to see if that helps.

TV MAN

Established Member
Try turning quick settings or start up off from TV. See if that helps. Have a
Look at You Tube channel the tech giant he had HDMI issues on brand new OLED he was testing. You may have to browse through his downloads to find it. Best of luck.

Last edited:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Which Sky Q box ?
Newer ones have an external brick type power supply , older ones have an internal power supply and a whole list of known issues , which usually start with the box running very warm to hot .

9geordie9

Novice Member
Try turning quick settings or start up off from TV. See if that helps. Have a
Look at You Tube channel the tech giant he had HDMI issues on brand new OLED he was testing. You may have to browse through his downloads to find it. Best of luck.
Turning off Quick Start+ seems to have done the job......much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom