Quantcast

LG B9 4K OLED Review & Comments

Switch025

Great review, thanks Phil.

It was an easy decision for me back in October. The differences between the B9 and the C9 aren’t huge and I was already going over my budget to get an OLED. It was a £200 difference at the time and I don’t regret not spending the extra, it’s a fantastic TV.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Good review Phil Thank's.

I am taking it that panel variance is a thing then, my set was Calibrated by Jules and my Peak brightness was 602 nits on the Dolby Vision preset, or does Dolby yield higher Brightness than HDR?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Anything?
Sorry, I'm on holiday so not checking threads. If you want a response it is also better to @ the person in question so they get a notification. You will get panel variance and differing results from the same models. If you have had yours calibrated by Jules you have nothing to worry about. My measurements for HDR are out of the box only and in the best out of the box settings.

psikey

Distinguished Member
I bought a C7 couple years ago as main TV and was looking for a larger Gaming monitor for my PC to replace my ASUS ROG Swift 27" 165Hz G-Sync for my PC gaming.

When price of B9 dropped to under £1100 in Black Friday sales and found out that NVidia added G-Sync support for latest GPUs (yes, even B9 not just C9/E9 as first reported) it was a "No Brainer".

I'm currently gaming on it at 1440p/120Hz rather than 4K/60Hz and just a perfect gaming TV. Hopefully when the 3080 Ti cards come out they will support HDMI 2.1 so I can go full 4k/120Hz.

Use this purely for PC & PS4Pro gaming (55" version and only sat about 3ft away!)

I was going to pay the extra £300 for the C9 but then realised the wide stand design wouldn't fit on my existing cabinet in my tiny Gaming/Movie room and wasn't wanting to wall mount.

Thanks for review, just confirms I'm not really missing anything by not going for the C9.

20191212_135123 1.jpg

Last edited:

aoaaron

I bought a C7 couple years ago as main TV and was looking for a larger Gaming monitor for my PC to replace my ASUS ROG Swift 27" 165Hz G-Sync for my PC gaming.

When price of B9 dropped to under £1100 in Black Friday sales and found out that NVidia added G-Sync support for latest GPUs (yes, even B9 not just C9/E9 as first reported) it was a "No Brainer".

I'm currently gaming on it at 1440p/120Hz rather than 4K/60Hz and just a perfect gaming TV. Hopefully when the 3080 Ti cards come out they will support HDMI 2.1 so I can go full 4k/120Hz.

Use this purely for PC & PS4Pro gaming (55" version and only sat about 3ft away!)

I was going to pay the extra £300 for the C9 but then realised the wide stand design wouldn't fit on my existing cabinet in my tiny Gaming/Movie room and wasn't wanting to wall mount.

Thanks for review, just confirms I'm not really missing anything by not going for the C9.

View attachment 1235307
beautiful

oldschool1987

Novice Member
I have the B7 and I'm thinking of getting the B9. I can't see any comparisons with the B7 and B9. Is the B9 a upgrade over the B7, or is there any downgrade? Is the picture noticeably better, or downgraded as well?

psikey

Distinguished Member
Maybe he means B7. Not had any Screen Burn on my B7 that I notice anyway.

I'd say my B9 is an evolution of B7 screen quality wise. Obviously much better for my use as gaming screen than B7.