LG B8 with Panasonic 420 4K player issues with menu

mattcb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am the very happy owner of an LG OLED65B8PLA and have been enjoying some great viewing on various sources.

I do have one concern with my 4K uhd player which is a Panasonic DP-UB420 when it is on the Panasonic menus I am getting static appearing on the screen, but when I play the disc there are no problems and the picture is perfect. So this is an issue only when I am trying to adjust the players settings

Could it be because I have set the input on the LG to display HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color so that the disc playback is correctly shown in HDR?

Has anyone else experienced something similar and did you resolve it?

It could be a HDMI cable issue...

Is your Panasonic UHD player 'directly connected' to your LG television?
Have you checked the 'seating' of your HDMI lead(s)?
Are you using new spec 'Premium Certified' HDMI leads?

Cheers

Does the problem go away if you turn off the ultra deep?

Yes if I turn off ultra deep there is no issue

It could be a HDMI cable issue...

Is your Panasonic UHD player 'directly connected' to your LG television?
Have you checked the 'seating' of your HDMI lead(s)?
Are you using new spec 'Premium Certified' HDMI leads?

Cheers

Yes UHD player is connected directly with new Amazon Basic 2.0 HDMI cables. The seating of the cables is good and that is confirmed once the disc starts playback

Hi @mattcb,

I suggest you replace that Amazon basic HDMI lead for a genuine 'Premium Certified' type.

For people not doing so already, it's highly recommended that you use nothing but Premium certified HDMI leads, especially between devices that support HDR (High Dynamic Range) video.

All genuine 'Premium Certified' products will display a hologram on their advertising and on their packaging to prevent counterfeiting: -

ccpLabel.png

For more information why your HDMI leads need to be 'Premium' certified look here: HDMI :: Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program :: FAQs

Plus, genuine Premium certified leads (with hologram) are not expensive! See below for some examples: -

capture-png.959815

pcsl-hdmi-leads-png.1002280

monoprice-png.1000137

Also... It may be worth noting that if you have an AVR (Audio Video Receiver) or HDMI switch-gear/splitters in your connection chain, it's advisable to check that such products support features such as: 4K UHD at up-to 60Hz with BT.2020 colour space along with all current forms of HDR.

Cheers

Begbto differ
Hi @mattcb,

I suggest you replace that Amazon basic HDMI lead for a genuine 'Premium Certified' type.

For people not doing so already, it's highly recommended that you use nothing but Premium certified HDMI leads, especially between devices that support HDR (High Dynamic Range) video.

All genuine 'Premium Certified' products will display a hologram on their advertising and on their packaging to prevent counterfeiting: -

ccpLabel.png

For more information why your HDMI leads need to be 'Premium' certified look here: HDMI :: Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program :: FAQs

Plus, genuine Premium certified leads (with hologram) are not expensive! See below for some examples: -

capture-png.959815

monoprice-png.1000137

Also... It may be worth noting that if you have an AVR (Audio Video Receiver) or HDMI switch-gear/splitters in your connection chain, it's advisable to check that such products support features such as: 4K UHD at up-to 60Hz with BT.2020 colour space along with all current forms of HDR.

Cheers

Not required at all unless a very long one is needed - say over 5 metres

Which HDMI cable should I use for 4K HDR?

Hi @mattcb,

ccpLabel.png

capture-png.959815

monoprice-png.1000137

Cheers

Thanks I have ordered a certified cable to see if that helps

Cable arrived and has been fitted and the good news is that it has resolved the display issue. Thanks everyone!!

Cable arrived and has been fitted and the good news is that it has resolved the display issue. Thanks everyone!!
Nice one ;)

....and what length was it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom