LG B8 Unusual Reset issue

MarcinL81

Novice Member
Reaction score
Got an usual issue with B8. Had it for 2.5 years. Today during watching it it powered off. Then after powering on it powered off again. Make a long story short I noticed that as long as I unplug every device and then turn to on point the clicker towards the top and stay away from the bottom of the screen it won’t turn off. Then there is a black line running across the screen at the bottom now but it seems software firmware related and not screen damaged related. TV will stay on as long as clicker is towards the top and or not on anything connected to hdmi. As soon as clicker moves towards the bottom it resets,

I didn’t do an update before hand and after firmware update it still does the same thing.

really haven’t used TV apps until I downloaded xfinity beta few days ago and deleted it and still happening.

I reset the settings back to initial settings and I could use the bottom of the screen with no issues it allowed me to do all the initial settings and then bam,..back to being broken,

out of ideas,

anyone ran into that before?

thanks for the help

If by “clicker” you mean the remote control it's possible it has a stuck-down button on it so to eliminate it remove one of the batteries to rule it out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom