LG B8 OLED TV - Owners and Discussion Thread

Still waiting for mine to update, so frustrating! You’d think it’ll be pretty simple no? I wonder how they’re working it out who gets it first or it’s just completely random? You would hope every eligible TV would be updated within a week?

Hi guys just a quick question, I have had my 65 inch B8 for about 20 months now and apart from 1 stuck white pixel (can't see it unless close to TV) am happy with the picture, I have refrained from updating the software and the set is on 04.10.65 is it best to update to the latest firmware or should I keep it as is?

Noticed recently that my picture looks darker. I changed the luminance about 6 months ago on the recommendation of another member. This allowed me to change my brightness to 50 when using the black level calibration video on YouTube. 17 was flashing ok. Just checked the video again and now it's flashing 18. Weird. Raising the brightness to 52 sorted the black levels. Anyone else noticed this recently?

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with Internet speed in my 55B8. I have 250 Mb/s net speed, but my TV only has max 20 Mb/s (testing with fast.com by build in browser). I am connecting by Wi-Fi 5 ghz. Router is located right under the TV. When I testing speed with my other devices I have maximum speed.
The only solution for me right now is reconnecting net everytime I switch on the TV.
Do you know what is the reason and how can I solve this problem?

Hi guys just a quick question, I have had my 65 inch B8 for about 20 months now and apart from 1 stuck white pixel (can't see it unless close to TV) am happy with the picture, I have refrained from updating the software and the set is on 04.10.65 is it best to update to the latest firmware or should I keep it as is?
.65 is affected by crushed blacks. However, since you're on the 04 version you could potentially downgrade to 04.10.25 and have a normal picture.

Hi, i still don't have the black crush on firmware 5.10.40 and hope it stays that way

Hi, i still don't have the black crush on firmware 5.10.40 and hope it stays that way
How come, which fw version did you have before? Do you use any IRE mod?

05.30.02 is available for download on the LG NL site. Would this work on the UK B8?

I had 4.10.65 on him but i can remeber with which firmware i bought it.

I'm running this Settings:
ISF: / HDR Cinema / DolbyVision Cinema
OLED 17 / 100 / 50
Contrast 94 / 100 / 100
Brightness 50 / 50 / 50
Color 52 / 50 / 50
Tint G3 / 0 / ---
Warm 2 / Warm 2 / Warm 2
Gamma 2.4 / --- / ---

2-Point:
low R8 G0 B0 / low R1 G0 B-4 / ---
high R-1 G0 B0 / high R8 G0 B7 / ---

20-Point: (those are the only ones i changed)
30 R1 G0 B0
90 R-3 G0 B5
100 R0 G-10 B-3

SDR: AVSHD 709 mp4 Version, 1-Black Clipping.mp4
- ISF (Dark Room) with gamma 2.4 everything down to 17 (including) flashes.

HDR10: Mehanik HDR10 Patterns, 01. black-level-v1.mp4
- Cinema Mode, Dynamic tonemapping = off, down to 66 (including it) is visible.

Dolby Vision:
- DolbyVision Cinema Mode
In Netflix: Jessica Jones s03e10 bei 38:10, the seat padding, the clothing and even jessicas hair is distinguishable.
BlackPLUGE.U4K_DVp5.mp4 I can see both vertical bars on the right.

Last edited:
I had 4.10.65 on him but i can remeber with which firmware i bought it.

I'm running this Settings:
ISF: / HDR Cinema / DolbyVision Cinema
OLED 17 / 100 / 50
Contrast 94 / 100 / 100
Brightness 50 / 50 / 50
Color 52 / 50 / 50
Tint G3 / 0 / ---
Warm 2 / Warm 2 / Warm 2
Gamma 2.4 / --- / ---

2-Point:
low R8 G0 B0 / low R1 G0 B-4 / ---
high R-1 G0 B0 / high R8 G0 B7 / ---

20-Point: (those are the only ones i changed)
30 R1 G0 B0
90 R-3 G0 B5
100 R0 G-10 B-3

SDR: AVSHD 709 mp4 Version, 1-Black Clipping.mp4
- ISF (Dark Room) with gamma 2.4 everything down to 17 (including) flashes.

HDR10: Mehanik HDR10 Patterns, 01. black-level-v1.mp4
- Cinema Mode, Dynamic tonemapping = off, down to 66 (including it) is visible.

Dolby Vision:
- DolbyVision Cinema Mode
In Netflix: Jessica Jones s03e10 bei 38:10, the seat padding, the clothing and even jessicas hair is distinguishable.
BlackPLUGE.U4K_DVp5.mp4 I can see both vertical bars on the right.
You dont have Black Crush because you've modified IRE, which dont work in Game Mode.

Isn't labeling the input to PC (Icon) and using a ISF/HDR Setting giving you low input lag and IRE controll?

Still on 05.30.01 here, so no new update released in the UK as yet. Personally I wouldn’t force an update from USB etc. There’s usually a reason why a manufacturer holds off pushing an update out, so I’m not going to risk breaking my OLED thank you.

Can 05.30.10 firmware download from C8 support page installed to B8 or are the firmware files model specific?

Can 05.30.10 firmware download from C8 support page installed to B8 or are the firmware files model specific?

B8 uses different firmware than the rest of the 2018 OLED line.

You can try different countries in Europe tough - exp. German and French sites list 5.30.02 atm, while UK 5.20.01.

B8 uses different firmware than the rest of the 2018 OLED line.

You can try different countries in Europe tough - exp. German and French sites list 5.30.02 atm, while UK 5.20.01.
Ok, that's good to know.

Went through 20 diffrent European support sites and 5.30.10 just isn't available anywhere...

I flashed the 5.30.02 fw.
The picture became darker, and I have serious wifi problems (slow).
I do not suggest this fw.
(I can not step back for 5.20.01.)

Hey, I’ve been wondering if the black crush issue was ever fixed, if there’s any way to test for it, and if there’s any manual fix I can do? If anyone could help me out here I’d be super appreciative :)

Which firmware do you use now?

Excellent, finally!
Will give it a go later once kids have turned in.

Does it take long to update?

And do I need to reboot the TV? If so, is there a way to reboot without access to the back? Mine is wall hung and without a plug so would rather avoid that if possible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom