LG B8 OLED TV - Owners and Discussion Thread

Image retention.

If it’s gone after a pixel refresh I wouldn’t worry about it.

what firmware are you gals guys running ?? i always been holding off because not being able to downgrde like we use to be be able to whats the general census being on on the latest one im on 5.10.10

yh i was on that lol mother was watching kids and updated always say if you dont know what you doing dont click buttons no way getting back to it ??? eg why i stuck to one im on now it seems ok but .....

i use to use that smart phone app not possible now ?

sorry for all edits just watching wizard of oz rip prob look even better if i still had a uhd player and was in dolby vision not just hdr still looks amazing tho cant believe it looks this good for 1938 film ftw

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, I just bought a Sonos beam to go with my LG b8. I knew it would be tight, but it fits absolutely perfect. Sounds awesome to. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_133829.jpg
    IMG_20200205_133829.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 208
I have had my b8 55 for around 10 months now, this evening black diagonal banding lines have appeared. Have attached a picture from a low grey still. Will be calling John Lewis as soon as possible but wanted opinions.
4D096ED4-D309-47F4-9B8B-5AB18CB91FE2.jpeg

Run the long manual Pixel Refresh that could possibly do the trick. If it doesn't then call John Lewis.

I have had my b8 55 for around 10 months now, this evening black diagonal banding lines have appeared. Have attached a picture from a low grey still. Will be calling John Lewis as soon as possible but wanted opinions.
View attachment 1255707
I had a similar problem. Just one line though. Ran the pixel refresher & it cleared it. Weird thing is..keeps coming back in the same place.

I'm on my third panel in 9 months, most recently last week, with an updated TCON board.

Engineers indicated that they are seeing a lot of problems with the LG sets.

Anyhoo, the latest one is substantially darker, or inkier might be another way to describe it.

In case anyone is interested, I just bought a Sonos beam to go with my LG b8. I knew it would be tight, but it fits absolutely perfect. Sounds awesome to. 😁
I been looking at beam so u rate what about with films

I been looking at beam so u rate what about with films
I think it sounds awesome with films. Even though it only sends out dolby digital, the sound is extremely clear & concise. Decent base considering it doesn't have the sub included. The option of voice enhancement on the app makes a big difference to the vocals. If you have an apple device, you can use true play which allows for sound set up. If you're limited to space, & have the crescent stand, the Sonos beam is perfect. Its a big improvement on the TV sound. Expensive, some would say..but I prefer quality over options & loudness.

what firmware are you gals guys running ?? i always been holding off because not being able to downgrde like we use to be be able to whats the general census being on on the latest one im on 5.10.10

Your running 5.10.10? General consensus is that it produces a dark picture. Will there ever be an upgrade beyond 5.10.10?

latest software is 5.10.40

The latest firmware is still the same with the crushed blacks also. I never really found a good solution to it that doesn't affect brighter colours too. Using gamma on 1.9 with brightness on 52 seems to show the entire greyscale, but the problem is that brighter colours seem slightly more washed out that way compared to 2.2/2.4.

I'm
latest software is 5.10.40
Im on that as said it got updated meh stopped caring picture is superb on 99 percent stuff will upgrade prob soon work currys so get ex displays offered or always discount if went new

The latest firmware is still the same with the crushed blacks also. I never really found a good solution to it that doesn't affect brighter colours too. Using gamma on 1.9 with brightness on 52 seems to show the entire greyscale, but the problem is that brighter colours seem slightly more washed out that way compared to 2.2/2.4.
This is just ridiculous and unacceptable with any product but especially with one in 2000 quid range! Screw the ignorant LG devs / managers / etc ...

I still have to put the brightness up to about 58-60 or else use low/1.9 gamma with around 53 brightness. The problem with having the brightness so high is that there will likely be flashes in darker scenes. It's a bit annoying that this hasn't been fixed yet since the TV wasn't cheap.

Anyone that hasn't upgraded should be thankful, even though LG shouldn't have broken the updates anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone that hasn't upgraded should be thankful, even though LG shouldn't have broken the updates anyway.
I didn't and probably never will, still on 4.10.25. :) Bloody idiots at LG :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom