LG B8 OLED - Owners and Discussion Thread

Webbserver

Thanks I have just decided to leave the picture settings on ISF expert dark room as it looks pretty accurate and just turned off noise and tru motion
If you follow the AVRant settings as I do, he suggests not to turn of, but to set as follows;

True Motion = User with De-Judder and De-Blur sliders both set to 0 (NOTE: User with both sliders at 0 activates 120Hz refresh without doing any frame interpolation)

M1987

If you follow the AVRant settings as I do, he suggests not to turn of, but to set as follows;

True Motion = User with De-Judder and De-Blur sliders both set to 0 (NOTE: User with both sliders at 0 activates 120Hz refresh without doing any frame interpolation)
I'll check the settings out now and see what looks best.the picture quality on this tv is something else,even on low quality content

Webbserver

Is it not accurate? never had a OLED before but it looks good to me coming from a lcd,led or whatever they are called,the picture quality is so much better
I watched David Attenborough's new 'Life in Colour' on the inbuilt iplayer app last night, which is in HLG HDR and it's amazing!

Webbserver

Is everyone using Dynamic tone mapping for all HDR content and does it make a difference?
Yes, it makes all the difference and is recognized as one of the best on the market.

chros

Yes, it makes all the difference and is recognized as one of the best on the market.
That's not true.
Sometimes brightens midtones, other times darkens the already dark parts.
i disabled it.
Is it not accurate? never had a OLED before but it looks good to me coming from a lcd,led or whatever they are called,the picture quality is so much better
LG FAQed up the "gamma" since firmware v4.10.65, resulting black crush in every picture mode, and not just never fixed it but never even acknowledged it with the B8 (they did both with C8)
You can test yours like this.

flaviowolff

The problem with just cranking up the brightness is it causes glowing blacks.

Pixels that should be off turn on, making it look like a cheap backlit TV.

It's a terrible problem with no decent fix. I've left mine on FW 04.10.25 and will never update it.
You should just raise the brightness one step below where it glows. Works fine on my set. up to 52. I still use it on 50 tho, because I have pretty nasty banding that I want to avoid highlighting.

vince_vega

I have recently reset my tv back to factory defaults. When I clicked the source button to watch sky q I used to get a dialog box stating click here to turn on your set top box and now it’s not there!
I found this quite useful and I miss it! Any ideas how to get it back?

M1987

Dolby vision on Netflix looks incredible and so clean on this tv.On the tv I had before nearly everything I watched looked like it had grain all over the screen but it looks so different on the B8

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom