LG b8 for HTPC and GAMING

Skoukoubagia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, first of all let me say I am sorry, I have been in the forums many years and i know it's SHITTY to ask about the same stuff but I have really tried and this is a labyrinth.... So I have the following set up and I use my tv with my PC as much for gaming as for media entertainment, what is the best settings both tv and PC?

PC: GTX 3060TI
Windows 11
KODI FOR MEDIA
HDMI ACTIVE CABLE

TV LG B855

Current settings
Ultra deep color enabled on tv
And on PC here comes the mess, I currently run 4k (3840x2160)at 60 fps
Ybcpcr 422 at 12 bit from nvidia control panel

Problem that got me searching was when I played Dr. Brain at Dolby vision it showed tinted.

Please any info would be more than welcome since I could not find the most accurate info through the web.

Thank you.

Hello guys, first of all let me say I am sorry, I have been in the forums many years and i know it's sh*tTY to ask about the same stuff but I have really tried and this is a labyrinth.... So I have the following set up and I use my tv with my PC as much for gaming as for media entertainment, what is the best settings both tv and PC?

PC: GTX 3060TI
Windows 11
KODI FOR MEDIA
HDMI ACTIVE CABLE

TV LG B855

Current settings
Ultra deep color enabled on tv
And on PC here comes the mess, I currently run 4k (3840x2160)at 60 fps
Ybcpcr 422 at 12 bit from nvidia control panel

Problem that got me searching was when I played Dr. Brain at Dolby vision it showed tinted.

Please any info would be more than welcome since I could not find the most accurate info through the web.

Thank you.

Windows restricts the use of Dolby Vision to certain API's, Kodi on windows does not support these so your have to stick to regular HDR10 content.

Alternatively, install Emby media server on your PC and get the Emby client app on WebOS store front in TV. This will allow the TV to play back the DV material using its internal media player.

Windows restricts the use of Dolby Vision to certain API's, Kodi on windows does not support these so your have to stick to regular HDR10 content.

Alternatively, install Emby media server on your PC and get the Emby client app on WebOS store front in TV. This will allow the TV to play back the DV material using its internal media player.
Ok great, I kind of had found this but there was too much noise from information and could not confirm it.. other than that what is the best choice to color space? I though it would be better 444 when I read about what they mean but when I did that I think 10bit videos got destroyed color wise so I had to change to 422 at 12 bit again but doesn't this man I actually lose color info right now?

Thank you again for your answer.

Ok great, I kind of had found this but there was too much noise from information and could not confirm it.. other than that what is the best choice to color space? I though it would be better 444 when I read about what they mean but when I did that I think 10bit videos got destroyed color wise so I had to change to 422 at 12 bit again but doesn't this man I actually lose color info right now?

Thank you again for your answer.

Chroma 444 is used for the rendering of fine text on PC desktop, its not necessary in video playback.

HDMI 2.0 cannot do 4K 60hz RGB 444 10-bit HDR only 8-bit SDR, so 12/10-bit YCC 422 for HDR is your only option as HDR degrades on 8-bit output.

YCC chroma 422 subsampling is fine for videos and games, you generally wont see a difference unless its a PC specific game with a ton of fine text.

This tool for LG TV's allows quicker switching between SDR/HDR if you want to create profiles for SDR PC desktop, HDR video etc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom