Quantcast

LG B8 Amazon app keeps freezing

Hi,

for the past week the Amazon app keeps freezing on my B8. It’s fine as soon as I turn the tv on and play something. The issue is if I pause the program, leave the app and watch something else. Then when I go back into the app it’s just completely frozen. I have to turn the tv off on again for it to work. I know it’s not a massive deal in the grand scheme of things, but it use to work fine.
Anyone else with the same issue?

1970blf

Standard Member
Had the same issue on my C8 last night. Can't recall it happening before.

jwsg

I've had the same. When an app freezes you can long press the home button which brings up the running apps (not the usual home menu) and clicking X kills that app. Change to a different source first to be able to kill the last app.

I've tried the usual remedies to stop it happening which is to unplug for a while in standby, and removing and re-installing seems to reset the Prime app data . It's been better since.

Also it might help exiting out of an app when finished, as it might have been happening when the app was left resident for a while.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
App-wise, I always exit them when finished. The only exception to that is NowTV, which you can't seem to exit from. I see very few issues that way. That said, Amazon on my LG SM8500 is a bit temperamental sometimes.

Clem

Top Bottom