LG B7V OLED TV paired with the LG SK10Y Soundbar issues

BigPest

Previously Bigpest2724
I've had the b7v now for almost a year and I'm really happy with it. I picked up the sk10 last week. Couple of things though recently haven't been so good namely the bar not turning on with the TV despite Simplink being enabled. The bars auto power on and off feature is enabled so it should just turn on.....it turns off just to complicate things!
Any ideas why it won't turn on?
Also I'm running the bar via arc to the TV and I can't get it to run YouTube or Dolby vision soubd through the bar too. It's not recognising the arc connection. Any ideas why? I've tried different cables and also had this issue with my LG sj8 bar too along with other hdmi connectivity issues ....

I was wondering if it was a software issue or an issue with arc or cec? I've tried resetting the TV and updating both the TV and bar etc.. Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited:

OledMasterRace

Gunna sound patronising but do you definitely have it in the hdmi that supports arc?
Only one of the 4 does support and on my B6 it’s hdmi 2.

BigPest

Previously Bigpest2724
Haha yeah it's in number 2 in the TV... Cheers mate..it's been doing my head in

OledMasterRace

How is the SK10 when it’s working?
I got the SK9 with the rears and it’s great, my only regret is buying a bar with only one hdmi, didn’t think it’d be much of an issue but turns out it’s a pain in the arse lol.

BigPest

Previously Bigpest2724
Haha I loved the 9 instore..class... It's really good... Nice and loud and uses the bars width very well... I've only had it a week so really need to settle on the settings and try and get the best out of it

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom