Question LG B7V, HDMI-CEC and PS4 Pro issue

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Rob B, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Rob B

Rob B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Possibly not an issue, but if I have CEC enabled on the TV and the PS4, then the PS4 will switch on whenever I turn the TV on. This is not what I want though.

On my old TV, the TV would turn on when I power up the PS4 but not vice versa. I can still do this on the B7V and I like this feature, I just don't want the PS4 to come on every time I turn the TV on. It's annoying and I can't figure out how to disable it without disabling CEC completely in the PS4s settings.

Does anyone have a solution?

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,477
    IIRC this should be the default behaviour, what does the simplink (HDMI-CEC) description say in the settings?

3. OC2000

OC2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have this problem too although with an older LG OLED. Was hoping this would be solved with the newer versions of WebOS. I tried everything, but what ever AV input was last used, HDMI CEC will turn that on when the TV and AV receiver turns on. For now I have had to turn HDMI CEC off on all devices (except TV and AV receiver) and use the harmony remote for universal control.

I would be interested too if there is a solution to this as Android TV worked a lot better.

4. Rob B

Rob B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    The Simplink part says you can use the LG remote to control other Simplink enabled devices. There's also an Auto Power Sync option that says "your TV will be turned on when you turn on a Simplink device and your Simplink device will be turned off when you turn off your TV".

Nothing about turning on said device when you turn the TV on. Like I said, I don't mind the TV powering on when I switch the PS4 on, I just don't want it the other way as I don't always want to go on the PS4. My last TV was a Sony android TV and that did it right.

I have both options enabled too as I want the TV to turn on my (Simplink) LG soundbar, but not the PS4, so the CEC setting in the PS4 is currently disabled. This means it won't automatically change to the appropriate hdmi channel anymore either.

5. treday630

treday630
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah that's weird. For me the only thing that automatically comes on when the TV comes on my receiver, which is what I want. The other devices comes when tell the TV to turn on the device when the detects that port is not up.

6. Holdutch

Holdutch
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @treday630 what kind of TV do you have? I have an LG OLED C6P and PS4 Slim. The issue has been happening since I got both. Trying to figure out who should be contacted, LG or Sony, and if it'd even be worth it. I can't remember where I read it but there was a forum somewhere else that said someone contacted both and both said it was the other companies' fault. Typical...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018