LG B7 OLED TV - Owners and Discussion Thread

If you don’t mind me asking how much is a calibration these days. The last time I had it done was 2013 on my Panny VT. which is still going strong.

Same answer, I don't know. Drop Gordon a message.

Question, has anyone wall mounted one of these into a concrete wall? I've ordered a mount from Invision but just wondering if anyone has done a wall mount and how easy you found it?

I think I’ve made a horrible error. The Invision mount I ordered doesn’t seem to fit :(

It says 200x200 up to 600x400 so I assumed it would fit but it doesn’t?

I think I’ve made a horrible error. The Invision mount I ordered doesn’t seem to fit :(

It says 200x200 up to 600x400 so I assumed it would fit but it doesn’t?
In what way? The LG is 300x200 I think, should be fine

And yes, I mounted mine to a concrete/brick(?) wall. First hole was easy, next hole was impossible, bought a new drill bit, was like butter after that. Also forgot how long 250mm was, so now I have a massive drill bit, oops :p

Was just being silly. All done now.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_852.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_852.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
Has anyone used true motion to any advantage?

I’m talking user setting specifically. Maybe for sports? I mean I could play with de-judder and de-blur for all eternity, but is there perhaps an ideal setting?

Thanks.

Has anyone used true motion to any advantage?

I’m talking user setting specifically. Maybe for sports? I mean I could play with de-judder and de-blur for all eternity, but is there perhaps an ideal setting?

Thanks.
Dejudder is effective for up to 30fps content, deblur takes over for higher frame rates.
Deblur has no benefits at all in my opinion. You specifically mentioned sport which is where it’s hopeless. Watch any football match and see the ball flicker, split into two or three and be generally distracting. Zero is the correct setting.
Dejudder I can’t live without on the other hand. Set to a low value no higher than 4 and it’s smooths out the worst of the low frame rate judder. Go higher than 4 and artefacts and SOE become too much to live with.
If 24p/low frame rate judder doesn’t worry you then Trumotion off is the answer.
Mine is permanently set to dejudder 4, deblur zero for everything based on countless hours of experimenting, but it’s a very subjective setting so you will have to experiment for yourself. Just leave deblur at zero.

When I play 4K films through my external hard drive plugged into my tv I get HDR but it usually says ‘audio not supported’. I’m guessing this means the enhanced audio files are not being utilised? Am I right I’m thinking in this? And why doesn’t the tv support it. Thanks guys

Anyone help with two issues...when using the harmony remote to turn tv on, tv goes straight to the first app on the home screen (Netflix’s)and opens that, is there a way to have it go straight to live tv? I’m using a demon av (2309) so that might be the issue?Also when recording tv it worked the first time but since it hasn’t, tv doesnt seem to jump to the channel that is to be recorded, so the recording cancels, is there a setting I need to change? Thanks.

Sometimes when I turn the TV on it forgets the ARC setting and resets it to sound out of the TV speakers. Any way to prevent this?

Sometimes when I turn the TV on it forgets the ARC setting and resets it to sound out of the TV speakers. Any way to prevent this?
Mine does something similar. Occasionally When I turn the tv on it doesn’t power up my sound bar, so I get sound from the tv speakers inside. As soon as I turn on the sound bar it connects.

Quick slightly random question for you guys, I'm struggling to figure this out.

If I use the screenshot feature on the b7 is there any way to get that screenshot off the TV to my phone or any other device to use elsewhere?

Is the rtings judder free 24p settings of Real Cinema on and TruMotion set to user 0, 0 still the correct way? I'm using a Sony upb x800 and notice quite a bit of judder.

Can anyone tell me the width and depth of the curved stand on the B7 please, it’s too long a thread to look through. Hopefully it’s under W72cm X D38cm

Just measured my 55inch B7. Depth is 2.55cm, Width is 75cm.

Can anyone tell me the width and depth of the curved stand on the B7 please, it’s too long a thread to look through. Hopefully it’s under W72cm X D38cm

this sites very own review of the tv covered this

There is 70mm of clearance beneath the screen when using the stand, so bear that in mind if you're considering a soundbar. You'll need a surface that is at least 740 x 254mm on which to place the B7, although you can also wall mount it and there are 300x200 VESA brackets for that purpose. Overall the 55" B7 measures 1229 x 764 x 254mm (WxHxD) including the stand and weighs in at 18.6kg and, whilst it isn't quite as classy or well made as the more expensive E7, it's still a solid and attractive TV.

i had same question long time back

Hi owners, what soundbars do you have with your B7 and can you control non-LG soundbars with the LG magic remote?

this sites very own review of the tv covered this

There is 70mm of clearance beneath the screen when using the stand, so bear that in mind if you're considering a soundbar. You'll need a surface that is at least 740 x 254mm on which to place the B7, although you can also wall mount it and there are 300x200 VESA brackets for that purpose. Overall the 55" B7 measures 1229 x 764 x 254mm (WxHxD) including the stand and weighs in at 18.6kg and, whilst it isn't quite as classy or well made as the more expensive E7, it's still a solid and attractive TV.

i had same question long time back
Thanks. I was hoping to get the Sonos Playbase to sit underneath the tv, but the width of it is 72cm. I really don’t want the stand sticking out either side. I haven’t bought the tv yet, so i might go for a C7 instead, if the width is smaller than 72cm.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was hoping to get the Sonos Playbase to sit underneath the tv, but the width of it is 72cm. I really don’t want the stand sticking out either side. I haven’t bought the tv yet, so i might go for a C7 instead, if the width is smaller than 72cm.
55” C7 is 57cm wide, and about 22cm deep.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom