LG B7 OLED, SL8YG Soundbar, UHD Blu-ray & Sky Q connections

Moxxop

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all... I got myself a soundbar over the weekend and I’m looking for advice on the best way to connect everything up please.

TV = LG OLED 55 B7
Soundbar = LG SL8YG
UHD Blu-Ray = LG UBK90
+ Sky Q (2TB, UHD)

The SB is connected via HDMI ARC to the TV;... and to start off I had the Sky Q box connected directly to the HDMI IN on the SB; with the UHD connecting to the TV. This worked ok; I couldn’t detect any audio lag and it was showing ATMOS when playing UHDs, etc

But then I read that the recommendation was to connect the UHD directly to the SB in order to get the best sound (plus the SB only does DTS X via the HDMI IN !!) .... so I swapped the Sky Q & UHD around (i.e. UHD -> SB & Sky Q -> TV) ... but straight away I was seeing audio lag when watching Sky :( ... also nothing was showing up as ATMOS watching movies/Netflix via the Sky Q (I have Sky Q set to DD+ in settings)

Although I‘ve managed to get the lag down to pretty much unnoticeable (i.e. the wife isn’t saying I have to send the soundbar back anymore); I can still see it slightly / know its there... and the SB is not displaying ATMOS when watching ATMOS content via the Sky Q box.

On the official Sky forums, somebody advised another person with a similar question, that the Sky Q should be connected directly to the SB in order to take advantage of Sky Q ATMOS

So which way is correct? .... how do you connect up yours?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom